Question of the Day - Monday, January 1, 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :party3::celebrate::woohoo:

Ok now that that's out of my system and I've ensured that I wrote the date correctly....

How do you organize your bathroom cosmetics and toiletries?

I am looking for something to replace the container I've had my cotton balls in for the past +20 years. It was originally a q-tip brand container with a hinged lid. Nothing pretty or fancy; but it did the job. The hinge broke a couple months ago and it's starting to get annoying. I'm also annoyed with everyone keeping their stuff on my bathroom counter; so I'm looking to replace and rearrange.

I do have a little corner, tiered thing that keeps my daily use things like toners, face moisturizer and skin treatments. I have decorative holders for toothbrushes and soap. But things like lotions and hair products don't fit in the organizer and it's not a huge counter. Everyone keeps lotion by my sink because everyone showers in my bathroom. DH's counter is smaller and has basically just his stuff. My counter had his overflow until a couple weeks ago when I fussed.

My sink is basically a built in nook; so I'm looking even at wall mounted things. One handed operation is ideal! But so is being fully enclosed so dust doesn't get in anything. There is a door between the main bathroom and my little area; but still!

All our extras get stored either under our sinks or just outside the bathroom door in some baskets I have. I do have a drawer for brushes and combs and another for small things like dental floss, hair ties and lip balm. But so much feels like clutter on display when everyone has their personal lotions and what not.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I probably should clean out some of my bathroom stuff to make more room but for now I put anything that fits in the medicine cabinet and anything that doesn't in a 3-drawer storage cabinet. DH has 1 drawer and I get the other 2. :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe if it was just my stuff I'd be ok. But sometimes you bump one thing and they all go down. Sometimes that happens at 3 am. One of these days we'll get the kid's shower fixed (it only spits out cold water right now) and get the emergency food out of the closet in there. Then they can stop using my shower. I have thought it would be nice to actually just move the closet door to the hallway and close in the bathroom side since it's really the best closet in the house for linens and everything. That just sounds like too much work at the moment. So attempting to organize my space it is! :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Since space is very limited, by necessities on old fashioned mirrored medicine chest; with cleaning products under sink, I have no room for toiletries.. Shampoo is on tub ledge.. moisturizers, q-tips, manicure stuff, are in my bedroom.. any make-up that I have is in a make-up bag in a drawer in my bedroom. The same with hair products--- in a basket on my dresser with mirror.

I wish I had another type of cabinet with better lighting, in my bathroom. I cannot afford to buy one or even know who to get to install it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My room has a tiny bathroom so I keep pretty much everything except shampoo in the larger main bathroom. I have a freestanding tall cabinet there in addition to the vanity cabinet . It has shelving on the upper half and drawers on the bottom. It has all my cosmetics, lotions etc, first aid supplies, hand towels etc. A drawer in the vanity has hair stuff like curlling iron and another has dental stuff.

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make-up, oils/perfume/body spray and a basket of random stuff in the left cupboard of the vanity and hair products in the right. Bottom drawer has my hair dryer and random stuff that doesn't get used often. Middle drawer has all my hair elastics/clips and such organized in little compartment trays. Small drawer on the left has...random stuff again and little drawer on the right has dental care and grooming utensils??? (nail clippers, tweezers, files etc...) as well as...you guessed it...random stuff...but all organized in little compartment trays.
The closet in the bathroom has all of our washing toiletries, bath stuff (salts, bubbles), first aid, sunscreen and body lotions, deodorant, cough/cold and pain med stuff, hair remover appliances, feminine hygiene products, cotton balls/pads/swabs and all the extras/overstock of everything. I keep the closet organized by grouping same products by what they do. Oh, and did I mention the closet has other random stuff too? lol!
Towels/linens and extra toilet paper are in the hall closet just outside the bathroom.
Nothing but hand soap and a small glass stays on the bathroom sink...everything has a home.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't keep extras of anything, so shampoo, conditioner, face wash, shower gel, bar soap are on the shower ledges. Another bar of soap is on the sink. I do have extra bar soap in the living room closet. Razor, hair pick, nail file, cup, and toothbrush I keep in the kitchen cupboard, since I wash them everyday with the dishes. Toothpaste is in the bathroom medicine cabinet. Hand lotion is on the dryer. Headbands and scrunchies are in clothes tote in my room, I get fresh ones every morning. There is a liquid hand soap on the kitchen sink with the dish liquid. Vitamins and herbs are in the kitchen cupboard. Toilet paper and paper towels in the spare room.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Um. I'm not a very girly girl. I have two small baskets on the back of my commode that hold brush, comb, q-tips, deodorant, nail clippers and files, and the cream I use on my feet. Another SMALL basket in my linen closet holds powder, and mascara. Body wash, shampoo, and conditioner live on a shelf in my tub/shower, along with my razor, and that's about it.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No cosmetics to organise! Shampoos sit on the shower floor, cotton swabs and buds in two small containers on the basin, deodorant, body cream, toothbrushes in their cup and hair products, likewise. Everything else is crammed in the very small cupboard and drawers under the basin.