Question of the Day - Monday, February 3, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't believe I'm saying this; but I'm glad it's Monday and we can get back to our routine around here. Last week was rough; some normalcy feels good. I'm also in the mood to bake.

What is your favorite kind of muffin?

Coffee cake muffins are probably my favorite. But my Mom makes really good blueberry muffins with real blueberries. My Grandma made awesome bran muffins. Banana muffins are so good too. It's hard to pick. But I'm going to go with coffee cake. I might make pumpkin chocolate chip ones later if I get the time. Decisions decisions.:think:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not big on muffins, so I don't have a favorite. I did make some raspberry muffins with a brown sugar crumble on top once, they were really good. Banana or banana chocolate chip are a nice go to as well. I don't know...it all depends on my mood.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If I make them at home, then Betty Crocker Blueberry. If I buy at a bakery, Almond Poppy seed. Years ago I used to have this “health” muffin recipe that was just delicious. A bunch of whole grains, brown sugar and molasses plus a yeast like starter that you kept in the fridge for weeks/months. They were so good I intended to bring a bowl of starter to my sister and then forgot it in the backseat of my car. That was a very very bad mistake because the stuff expanded, blew the lid off the bowl and covered my back seat in goo that never came off. After months and months of smelling the starter every time I got into the car, I never ever wanted those muffins again.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Usually Blueberry, occasionally I will get a Lemon Poppyseed. The lemon ones are something that I will very occasionally crave, after having one it will be a very long time before I crave one again.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really like muffins, they are too sweet for me. Maybe if they were more savory and had vegetables or coffee in them. But I've never had that kind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really like muffins, they are too sweet for me. Maybe if they were more savory and had vegetables or coffee in them. But I've never had that kind.
What about corn muffins? Some people make them sweeter than others. Jiffy mix is sweet. I’ve made some bisquick based savory ones that work for dinner or breakfast. They are great with kids around especially. They think it’s fun. lol

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most muffins sold in bakeries and cafes are the sweet kind. Some cafes may have savory breakfast-type muffins. There are lots of recipes online for savory muffins filled with veggies and cheese and herbs and the like if you want to bake some up :)

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Definitely Flax 4 Life gluten-free cranberry/orange! So good! Full of ligens, fiber and protein...