Question of the Day - Monday, February 20, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Presidents Day to those in the US. I believe schools are closed but we are planning to work today and save the down-time for other days.

What activities do never need to put on your to-do list?

Reading and spending time with cats are probably my top 2. :lol: I read every day. It could be fiction or nonfiction or both but I will read. And often with Mooch snuggled by my side or in my lap. She doesn’t play much or chase and fetch like she used to. So that’s how we spend time together.:read::petcat:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything that can be done indoors at home usually gets done without being on the list. But if it involves going somewhere, dealing with other people or appointments of any kind, I will procrastinate if I don’t add it to my list.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Closest I have to a to-do list is giving Daisy and Mum their meds every day (do multiple daily tasks count?). Other stuff gets done as the need arises, like I wash the laundry when the basket is full, and top up the petrol every other week when I will be passing the cheapest petrol station.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably the few things that I have a routine set for already like feeding the animals, giving my dogs their meds at night, taking my own meds in the morning, and cleaning the litter boxes.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Basic daily things (I've never had to put "drink morning coffee" on my to-do list!), but if there's something like an appointment (doctor, vet, etc.) I need to keep, or something I'm running behind on (oh hi, laundry) I put it on my to-do list as a reminder. If I'm feeling really frazzled, I will write down basic chores like "clean cat boxes, take trash out" etc. to kind of re-ground myself so I don't forget to do the basics, but this depends on what else is going on. Plus, it's so satisfying checking things off.

(Has anyone ever made a to-do list with "Monday" written on the top, get nothing done on Monday, then erase Monday and write "Tuesday" so you can try again tomorrow? I do that all the time. :lol:)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Basic daily things (I've never had to put "drink morning coffee" on my to-do list!), but if there's something like an appointment (doctor, vet, etc.) I need to keep, or something I'm running behind on (oh hi, laundry) I put it on my to-do list as a reminder. If I'm feeling really frazzled, I will write down basic chores like "clean cat boxes, take trash out" etc. to kind of re-ground myself so I don't forget to do the basics, but this depends on what else is going on. Plus, it's so satisfying checking things off.

(Has anyone ever made a to-do list with "Monday" written on the top, get nothing done on Monday, then erase Monday and write "Tuesday" so you can try again tomorrow? I do that all the time. :lol:)
I am great at making lists but I never add days of the week. That is too much like working.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone ever made a to-do list with "Monday" written on the top, get nothing done on Monday, then erase Monday and write "Tuesday" so you can try again tomorrow? I do that all the time. :lol:)
No but I’m pretty sure I’ve written “keep children alive” on a list or two.