Question of the Day - Monday, February 13, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a question noted on my phone that I thought up the other day; but my DD is video chatting with my mom on my phone because her phone keeps dropping the connection. She discovered this weekend that if she holds her hand up by the ceiling she gets better reception. :rolleyes2: She's using my old cell and had issues with that from the beginning too. DS was nearby but I think he's hiding to avoid some work. Or maybe just waiting his turn. I think spring fever is starting to kick in because it's been gorgeous out. I've already had him sweeping the garage out. :lol: I do have crocus and things starting to sprout too. I need to see if they are blooming early. My birdfeeders have been nuts with birds all over the yard too. We even saw a Goldfinch yesterday!

What is your favorite spring chore?

I like getting the windows clean again. I need DH's help for some; but getting the windowsills and all nice a white again makes me feel like I have more of my housekeeping together than I do.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaning up the yard. I will be spreading grass seed in the bare spots next week. Then spreading Preen on the beds, cutting down the grasses, and trimming shrubbery I didn't get to in the fall. Wrong season for that, but better late than never.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Taking a hose to EVERYTHING outside. By the end of winter it's like everything has this light nasty film of ex-snow and dirt. With all that went on last fall I didn't get the garden or the flower beds cleaned up so I'm going to have one heck of a job coming my way...

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would say my favorite thing is planning the garden. Preparing, planting and taking care of the garden is another story though. :lol:
Last year I planted too much at once and a lot of it either went to the chickens or dogs. This year I'm doing less rows at a time, but planting more often. I have one garden box but it holds a lot of stuff. (The soil here is hard clay, I can't get food to grow in it.... but thistles are another story. :mad: )

Arya Underfoot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Like most of you, I look forward to gardening, sowing the seeds and watching them grow (or fail). I'm still working out what plants thrive in our cold weather. I've had a lot of fails this summer, there just hasn't been enough sunshine and it's been colder than usual at night. Hopefully next spring will be more fruitful.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Starting tomato and green pepper seeds. I miss having my fresh tomatoes on sandwiches and pasta sauce.
It is a little too early for me to start tomatoes, but I do have my onions, celery, and some herbs going. Will be doing the peppers when I can. I just seem not to have energy and time to do it at the same time with Hubby back in rehab for physical therapy.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite chore of any season is none. I do what I need to, but if I enjoy it, it's not a chore. I do enjoy sorting and organizing and getting rid of what I no longer need/want through donation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have echinacea seeds I need to start but things got misplaced when we had the fumigation done. They should have been packed up with my other ones. :nervous: