Question of the Day - Monday, December 13, 2021

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am like game misconduct game misconduct : Controlled chaos. I always have some project or other going on and I get exhausted trying to be tidy and have an actual life. Not only am I naturally not a neat person, but I cannot clean as I go. My physical limitations from being disabled and short mean I have to put a lot of energy into whatever it is I am doing. I then take the risk of my pain becoming too much for my current level of pain medication or my pain medication masking all the pain I am really in until it starts to wear off. Either way, I am in trouble.

I would love to keep my spices neatly organized, but I have the lower half of two cabinets filled. I do have them roughly organized by flavor profiles and regions since I am rather experimental with my spices.

To be fair to myself--and my sweet husband who helps me when he can and always does the laundry--our house is "clean" every day before we go to bed and then it becomes a mess throughout the day. It is disorganized but not dirty.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in my head. I make lists, etc. I was very organized before I contracted RSD/CRPS. I haven't had a helper
since June except for one day. A TCS member wanted to come to my house and cook and clean for me. I cried
when she offered but she had just had an injury and I in good conscience, could not not accept her offer. I am trying
be more organized....

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am somewhat OCD about organization, if something is out of place I immediately put it away. But not as bad as I was years ago. The house gets dirty daily, every time I turn around there is dust, hair, and things laying around. But as I aged I accept this is life. With cats, I have a lot of hair around, especially with all hardwood floors, so vacuuming is almost a daily thing, two days without at the most. My flower beds and garden are weed-free, and symmetrical. deep cleaning I do when company is coming to stay the night, which isn't often, two-three times a year, that is when light fixtures, windows, under the bed, etc. get cleaned. I almost hyperventilate when I go into my husband's shop, it is a mess right now, he has been too busy to organize and clean since he is so busy with rebuilding our basement right now. He keeps telling me to stay out of it, he knows where everything is, but if it isn't done this spring, I might step in!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Those with OCD may not want to look in my cabinets. Then again, you can always look, gasp in horror, and then try to help me organize! To be fair, this only happened since I've been baking for Christmas....well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Simply put, I have no room in this kitchen anymore.

Most of my spices and herbs are on the cabinets on the wall at the other end of the kitchen. But I use these, too.
MessOne.jpg

Baking shelf one
MessTwo.jpg

Baking shelf two
MessThree.jpg

And oh what the heck....here's a top corner cabinet.
MessFour.jpg

Anybody want to come help me organize?
Seriously, I hope to get things back in order in the kitchen after the holidays.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those with OCD may not want to look in my cabinets. Then again, you can always look, gasp in horror, and then try to help me organize! To be fair, this only happened since I've been baking for Christmas....well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Simply put, I have no room in this kitchen anymore.

Most of my spices and herbs are on the cabinets on the wall at the other end of the kitchen. But I use these, too.
View attachment 404423

Baking shelf one
View attachment 404424

Baking shelf two
View attachment 404425

View attachment 404426

Seriously, I hope to get things back in order in the kitchen after the holidays.
:biggrin: so long as your able to find what you need all is good then

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 404423

Baking shelf one
View attachment 404424

Baking shelf two
View attachment 404425

View attachment 404426

My people.

What's that in the clear jar in the front middle of the spice photo?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a nutmeg. You grate it as you need it.
I have learned something new. I thought it looked a bit like a hazelnut, but couldn't figure out why there would be one in a spice cabinet. Nutmeg makes more sense.

I just have already ground.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always use already ground but now I’m feeling nostalgic and wondering who took Grandma’s nutmeg grater when they cleaned out the house. I have her walnut grinder (in my china cabinet) and a few decorative things. I’ll have to ask my mom if she knows.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I just this minute finished using my whole nutmeg (which comes w/ a charming ‘mini grinder’ that fits right inside the bottle & lo, several tiny recipes, incl. banana nutmeg Nog and Spice Island Nutmeg Icecream!). I tend towards tidy, but then forget where I tidied it away.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to be organised, but I simply don't have the energy to keep up with it. My friend is super organized and I'm so jealous 😭
But I'll learn how to deal with my messy self