Question of the Day - Monday, August 29, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to get a jump on Monday and post a wee bit early...before I go to bed. This past weekend DH, my mom, step-dad, my kids and I went to an Escape Room event for the first time. We finished with 1 minute and 9 seconds to spare. :lol: DH and I were skeptical about enjoying it at first but we did. I don't think we would have solved several of the puzzles without my step-dad. But it helped that we were all there working together and spent some time looking at the different things around the room. That was how I figured out how to quickly solve the last one and get us out of there. :lol:

Do you like solving Riddles and Brain-Puzzles?

Typically I do not enjoy riddles. I guess my mind just doesn't visualize things that way because I'd usually rather not be bothered to even try.

The puzzles in the Escape Room were fun and I'd probably have enjoyed it with or without being timed (I'm not typically very competitive). I might enjoy another one in the future now that I've got the hang of how they work too. DS likes to take things apart so I think the hands-on puzzling parts were really fun for him. It felt like we got faster as we got through the different clues.

I do enjoy things like word puzzles or hidden objects. Just leave numbers out of the puzzles. ;) Sequence puzzles can be fun. My kids have a few games where you have to balance things or move things around a certain way. DS has one that's a roller coaster he loves. They are supposed to be STEM/STEAM type games for kids; but they are secretly fun for adults too. :lol2:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to get a jump on Monday and post a wee bit early...before I go to bed. This past weekend DH, my mom, step-dad, my kids and I went to an Escape Room event for the first time. We finished with 1 minute and 9 seconds to spare. :lol: DH and I were skeptical about enjoying it at first but we did. I don't think we would have solved several of the puzzles without my step-dad. But it helped that we were all there working together and spent some time looking at the different things around the room. That was how I figured out how to quickly solve the last one and get us out of there. :lol:

Do you like solving Riddles and Brain-Puzzles?

Typically I do not enjoy riddles. I guess my mind just doesn't visualize things that way because I'd usually rather not be bothered to even try.

The puzzles in the Escape Room were fun and I'd probably have enjoyed it with or without being timed (I'm not typically very competitive). I might enjoy another one in the future now that I've got the hang of how they work too. DS likes to take things apart so I think the hands-on puzzling parts were really fun for him. It felt like we got faster as we got through the different clues.

I do enjoy things like word puzzles or hidden objects. Just leave numbers out of the puzzles. ;) Sequence puzzles can be fun. My kids have a few games where you have to balance things or move things around a certain way. DS has one that's a roller coaster he loves. They are supposed to be STEM/STEAM type games for kids; but they are secretly fun for adults too. :lol2:
My DW enjoys puzzles both word and numbers. She's real good at figuring out confusing games. I'm not much good at them. Perhaps that is why she's good at her workplace solving technical issues that arise.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like word puzzles and hidden objects too. A friend gave me a book with kitties hidden in each picture. Really cute. Yes, I found the kitties. Lol seems like I am always finding kitties though. I like outdoor hunts for things best. Remember scavenger hunts? Not puzzles but more, challenges. Do those ever happen anymore? Lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like word puzzles and hidden objects too. A friend gave me a book with kitties hidden in each picture. Really cute. Yes, I found the kitties. Lol seems like I am always finding kitties though. I like outdoor hunts for things best. Remember scavenger hunts? Not puzzles but more, challenges. Do those ever happen anymore? Lol
I think some people still do GeoCaching. I used to love making scavenger hunts for my friends when we had sleepovers. There would be candy at the end. It was fun! My DD did make one for her cousins at my moms once. We've also made treasure maps around our house.
ha!!!!!!!
I might have accidentally pressed a button I didn't realize was a button. It made a loud beep. :paperbag:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think some people still do GeoCaching. I used to love making scavenger hunts for my friends when we had sleepovers. There would be candy at the end. It was fun! My DD did make one for her cousins at my moms once. We've also made treasure maps around our house.
I've heard about geocaching and need to look into it more. It sounds interesting.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
NYT Acrostic. Feel excited if I get a clue or two in any UK crossword, as they have delicious rhymes and puns! Did a great Escape Room called “Save the World from Donald Trump.” Unfortunately, we didn’t make it out in time, but got to rearrange plants in little glass beakers according to their Latin names, quite fun.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I look forward to Word Jumble in the Sunday newspaper and love Word Search games. I would do them with the students at school.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
After his stroke, Dad used to do Search-a-Word puzzles. I also came up with a bunch of the magazines for him. He even got me doing them. While I like Sudoku, I do get frustrated from time to time. I also like crosswords and such, but don't do them often.

We have a couple Escape Rooms in the area, but have never tried them.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Escape rooms are fun :) I did an Egyptian tomb treasure hunt themed room once. It was so much fun. The special effects were great: moving walls that slowly closed in if you took too long to solve a puzzle, shaking floors, the sound and light effects.

Riddles and puzzles are ok. I really liked the Myst series of computer games back in the 1990s. I think there's a separate online game based on the computer game now.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely. I love crossword puzzles and logic puzzles. Anything where I can use my brain and have to think about things is fun to me. I love crossword puzzles that I can't finish in 10 minutes. It's not fun if I already know all of the answers.