Question Of The Day - Monday, August 26, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
September and therefore fall/spring are just on the horizon! :bliss:Labor Day weekend is coming and my parents have already made plans to keep my kids overnight. :banana2: DH wants to go mattress shopping; but we might actually just hibernate the entire weekend. :lol2:

What kind of pillow do you use?

DH and I have a variety of pillows; but the primary one I use is memory foam. They came with our bed when we bought it 7 1/2 years ago. I also have a "Sertapedic Copper Loft" pillow that I got for trips; but now I use it to "hug" while I sleep. It keeps me on my side better and I've been more comfortable that way. I've tried a down alternative and it was ok. It didn't last as long as my memory foam one has. But I remember that feeling too tall at first.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a memory foam pillow in general. I have several different types (the others do service on the couch or as knee pillows), and my current favorite for my head is a cheap (I think it was $10 for 2 at Costco) memory foam bits pillow. Torn-up pieces of foam. Isn't that what My Pillow is? Anyway, yeah, of all the ones I've tried I like this one the best, and there's no reason for memory foam waste scraps to cost more than other pillows, lol.

How do you keep yours nice for 7 years? Mine don't last that long; the foam goes bad and starts breaking up or turning hard after a couple of years.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three. One is a Columbia cool gel down substitute pillow. Very soft but supportive, my favorite of the three and my head pillow. The second is a shredded memory foam pillow. Very comfy except it has a tendency to compact and get hard. The last and least favorite is a My Pillow. It is thick and lumpy but does feel good as a back pillow.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought one of Mike Lindell's My Pillows (king-size) several years ago. Greatest pillow I have ever had.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a sort-of memory foam pillow that I love. I sleep on my side with an arm stretched out under my pillow. It's dense enough to where my arm doesn't fall asleep but it cradles my neck just right. Doesn't leave my head flat (which is how the husband sleeps- a thin little nothing pillow) but it doesn't elevate my head enough to hurt my neck.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used a down pillow since I was a kid. Still love them, but I have to buy a new one every ten or fifteen years.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I saw how much weight of the pillow was dust mites after just a couple of years, i bought the king sized My Pillows so I can wash them. I got the firmest they had and have no problems what so ever. They are not THAT great, but I love that I can wash them and they are comfortable. Just make sure you never put softner in when you wash them, it takes all the support out, I had to wash them two more times to get them back!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I use an ergonomic pillow to support my neck. It's the second one I've had and I love it. :sleep:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't sleep on pillows anymore. It hurts my neck and back so I just stopped using them. It's been months now since I slept on a pillow.
Yep. If nothing else, I'll just use a flat old military style pancake pillow but anything big gives me a big crick in my neck.
The cats seem to think WE are excellent pillows though ;)

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a body pillow. I tried using a regular pillow, but the way I sleep is more comfortable with a longer one. I like it to be fairly flat too.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what kind I have. I took them when we were cleaning out my ex's house a few years ago. They were too nice to throw out and better than anything I had, so I helped myself. They are starting to wear, but I like them a lot. I have to double them just so to keep my face pointed downwards so I don't snore. I can wake myself up snoring.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a memory foam and a shredded foam pillow. The former is too hot in summer, so currently I'm using the shredded one.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is a memory foam with a cooling gel. It's wave shaped from end to end. I don't think it held up as well as it should have because it was VERY expensive. I won't spend nearly as much next time.