Question of the Day - Monday, August 21, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its the first day of school! We are maybe half way done and I am SO sleepy!! I treated myself to a LARGE cold brew at Dunkin when I had an early morning pickup there. DS is next to me doing diagnostic tests for math in a new program. It operates differently from what he’s done before so I can’t just throw him into it. But it has video lessons and multiple ways to complete the exercises; so I’m hoping he does better with it. DD has used it for a few years and does well. Right now he’s excited to use a computer. :lol: Math has never been his favorite subject; but like the math teacher says, you just aren’t good yet!! 😉

What was your best subject in school?

I always did well in English and Literature. Writing came more natural to me. I do enjoy reading but some of the books were awful. Especially that one about the guy who might have pushed a mean dude out of a tree causing him to break his leg and die from it. Something like that. I disliked the entire thing.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s difficult to name best subject at school, because it being a lesson made it off-putting. Plus, what we liked or disliked depended just as much, if not more, on the teacher involved.

But I can tell you that I now have foreign languages and music as hobbies, subjects in which I did not particularly distinguish myself at school.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Especially that one about the guy who might have pushed a mean dude out of a tree causing him to break his leg and die from it. Something like that. I disliked the entire thing.
A Separate Peace? I never enjoyed the book; it has made several banned book lists over the years for various reason, most of which it did not deserve though.

My best subjects were English and foreign languages.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pretty much everything except for Art (had a teacher who apparently graded on talent and I'm a 'draw a stick figure with aid of a ruler' category) and PE (I routinely got pretty injured in class and had one of those 'you're faking it' types). Though I did especially enjoy third year Latin when we studied Pompeiian graffiti.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say my senior year was my favorite year because I only needed one course to graduate. This being said I didn't graduate early because I wanted to walk with my class at the end of the year because I was top of my class and got a bunch of awards. So I wanted the experience along with my fellow classmates.

Science was my absolutely favorite subject.. This being said I was able to take 4 AP science courses. 2 classes each semester. I left school half way through the day and returned when school was out for sports.

It was my favorite year in school because every class I had was science, half days, and my sports still. It was a great year for sure.