Question Of The Day - Monday, April 8, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's after midnight and I am lacking inspiration but I want to post so I don't get caught up in other stuff in the morning and forget. :paperbag:

Can you whistle?

I can sort of make some whistle noises; but that's it. My Grandpa could whistle tunes and he's always had a lovely voice. I mostly remember my Grandma humming tunes; but she could whistle some too. It's always bugged me a bit that I can't. :lol2: I don't know that I could even learn to whistle enough to call a dog in. I saw a video about a remote mountain people who whistle to communicate over long distances. It fascinated me how they made a whole language from it. I guess I just don't have the lips for it or something. :dunno:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can whistle, and can do so whether I'm sucking air in or pushing it out. I don't know if it's called whistling with air intake, but it's the same sound so...

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I can. From a very young age, my parents would get upset. Even my uncle. They all said, "Girls don't whistle!" But I didn't care. I could do it the regular way and also through the gap between my teeth before I got braces. That was my excuse, I'd whistle with my gap and when they told me to stop, I'd say that I'm not really whistling, it's the gap. So everyone would leave me alone.