Question of the Day, Monday, April 3, 2023

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its a very springy Monday in my neighborhood. I can’t decide if its pollening enough that I should leave my windows shut; but the sun feels so good! I’m preparing for Easter and thinking about flowers in the garden too. DS just told me that tomorrow is the “birthday” for a stuffed cat he got for Easter a few years ago that looks like my mom’s cat he loves. He has a few favorite small stuffed animals that still are almost always nearby when we are at home. :redheartpump:

Did you have a favorite stuffed animal, blanket, or other security object when you were a kid?

I had a stuffed bear named Louie when I was little. After I got a little older I had a different bear and small blanket I snuggled. I still have a few stuffed animals that stay on my bed and technically I guess I snuggle a pillow every night.:lol: I just sleep better.:agree:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Baby Snoopy that I still sleep with.

What age to most kids pick a favorite? I feel like J goes through cycles of her preferred comfort object. Right now it's an orange car, but it was a stuffed kitty for a while, and sometimes she likes her stuffed Elmo. She seems to get into things for a while and then moves on for the most part.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Baby Snoopy that I still sleep with.

What age to most kids pick a favorite? I feel like J goes through cycles of her preferred comfort object. Right now it's an orange car, but it was a stuffed kitty for a while, and sometimes she likes her stuffed Elmo. She seems to get into things for a while and then moves on for the most part.
DS got attached to his raccoon at about 6 months and he still has him constantly. Hes a physically affectionate kid who needs hugs and will still snuggle up to me. DD was a little older and cycled a bit more. Both have/had several other favorites. DD was more attached to the pacifier I think.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a stuffed TY dog, Toffee. I don't think I got Toffee until I was about 6 or 7, I remember buying him while on vacation. But when I was 8 my brother was sick and in the hospital for several weeks, so I had to stay with a friend's family and that was really hard for me (they were nice, but it was a different routine and I was a very shy kid, plus it meant I was totally away from my parents for long stretches of time as they were with my brother). I took Toffee with me as a security "blanket" and it helped a lot, so from that point on he was my favorite, and one of the only stuffed animals I brought with me into my new house.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no stuffed toys as a little kid. Rather, my favorite security was our old mongrel, mostly collie, dog Butch. He followed me everywhere on the farm.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I can't recall any one particular stuffed toy or blanket but I loved heart shaped pillows. ❤

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Found a bear half buried in the sand & covered w seaweed. Mom restuffed him, patched his paws & I gave him the highly original name of “beary.” 196…9? He sits on my desk.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My aunt made me a yellow blanket when I was born and I slept with it until I was 4years. I even remember waking up one night to look for it before I remembered I was too big for that and putting myself back to sleep.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I was born, my grandmother gave me a white stuffed bunny. I had it while I was growing up and there are pictures of me as a wee little girl with my bunny. I lost my bunny, almost 25 years later, in 1972 in the flood caused by Hurricane Agnes. I think I was more upset about my bunny than I was anything else. We lost everything in the flood, but my bunny hurt the worst.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My teddy bear! Always just Teddy or Ted, never another name. I still have him; he, my mother’s teddy, and three toy cats she made for my sister and me, are the only toys to survive after the two huge downsizing moves we made in recent years. They all sit (with a few more recent additions) on my chest of drawers. Ted‘s very battered; he’s a Jakas bear with little fur left after my first cat, Cindy, decided carrying him around the house was her favourite pastime. But he’s still here and still wearing some spiffy knitwear Mum made for him in the 90s.