Question of the Day - Monday, April 26, 2021

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have built bookcases, cabinets, picture frames, and tables from wood. I can also electric, gas, and hammer weld to build things. I can also sew. In fact, in boot camp I earned money by sewing on buttons and such for those who couldn't do it themselves.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to crochet. I primarily crochet stuffed toys. I don't use patterns anymore and just kind of have an idea in my head on what I want to make and then I just make it. Here are the last two things I made.
This is Appa from The Last Airbender. I made it for my brother-in-law and it is the size of a medium sized dog. I used pictures to create him, so no pattern with him.
View attachment 377876

This triceratops was for my older niece, Noelle, who loves dinosaurs. She named it Tailey.
View attachment 377877
those are really neat the perfect gift for a newborn infant:lol:if you ever decide to make any for sale please let me know:lol:i really want to replace the old raggedy stuffed tiger the gf has

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
In fact, in boot camp I earned money by sewing on buttons and such for those who couldn't do it themselves.
My dad learned to sew when he was in the military too. He was actually pretty good at it and taught my mom, lol. 😄

I'm more artsy than crafty but I can knit, crochet and needlepoint. I used to do calligraphy on the side for people's wedding invitations, announcements and certificates.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can sew and I'm actually pretty good at pottery. I can throw things on the wheel, fire and glaze them. I've never tried knitting or crochet, maybe I should give that a go one day.
You're selling yourself short. You are also really good at repurposing wood and other things into perches, cubbies, etc for the cats' outdoor enclosure. :lovecat3:

I'm good at making a mess. :tongue:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I can do embroidery but have not for years. Oddly, I can mend nothing though. Any other handiwork is lost to me.....art, craft, cooking or baking that required decorating or a professional looking finished product. My husband can mend his clothes. His mom taught all the boys in case they married someone who could not sew....and it happened!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm interested in seeing if I could do more fancy stitches and stuff now that there are so many youtube tutorials. I had trouble just with written instructions and still pictures as a child (I had a learn to crochet book), but am visual and seeing someone do it while being able to watch as many times as needed might help me get it.
I tried to crochet from a book and it was hard! My aunt whips out things constantly! She makes it look relaxing. I wish I’d learned from her as a kid or teen. I did follow a tutorial on YouTube for quilting and that was much easier. So maybe after the school year I’ll give it a try. I did find a youtuber to follow a while back. Theres one who is a kid too. It can be good for people who need to keep their hands busy.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I tried to crochet from a book and it was hard! My aunt whips out things constantly! She makes it look relaxing. I wish I’d learned from her as a kid or teen. I did follow a tutorial on YouTube for quilting and that was much easier. So maybe after the school year I’ll give it a try. I did find a youtuber to follow a while back. Theres one who is a kid too. It can be good for people who need to keep their hands busy.
So did I. It was a disaster. I also tried to crochet from a Youtube video. That was just as bad. :lol: :rolleyes2:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned how to sew in my early teens.Over the years I've made all kinds of clothing including a wedding dress for a young lady I worked with at WalMart.I have made several quilts over the years,but I hate hand quilting...the most I will do by hand is a baby quilt.Not so much anymore as 3 of my fingers on my right hand are numb and I can't feel the needle.Anyway,I've dabbled in woodworking,cross stitch and some crochet,but I haven't done much of that in a long time.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to knit and have been meaning to get back into it now I have spare time in the pandemic. I knitted toys for my cousins when they were born.