Question of the Day - Monday, April 25, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's kind of a gloomy Monday here even though it's not actually raining or supposed to rain. Both my kids had awful allergies this weekend and slept really late this morning. Thanks to Benadryl probably. Mooch was looking at me like "Where is DS so I can sit on his lap?!" Then I told her he had to get up and eat because school was starting in 7 minutes and she gave me a dirty look. :flail: We've got a month left of school and lately all I want to do is get lost in a good book. I guess it's Summeritis kicking in.

If you had a restaurant; what would you serve?

I would probably do a soup, sandwich, and salad place. Maybe a salad bar with fun fixins on it. We could do a baked potato bar too. I would want to do different types of soups. I'd have to have Italian Wedding soup, pea soup, GOOD tomato soup, Cream of Crab and a good chicken soup. For a salad bar I'd have different lettuce options to mix and match. And then all kinds of toppings from veggies to nuts and beans. And of course cheeses and homemade dressings. You could make it as healthy as you want it...or not. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would definitely be a vegetarian restaurant. Probably a sammich shop where you could get anything you want on it for $5.

It would also be fun to have a restaurant that only serves spicy food!

I've always wanted to find a restaurant that serves small plates of pasta for cheap, instead of those huge expensive plates, so that's another idea.

Or a coffee/cappuccino shop and could serve small items like bagels.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have always wanted to have a B & B. I don't care much about lunch and dinner, but I love the idea of serving breakfast! And that's all I would serve.

Pancakes and waffles, omelets, fresh breads, biscuits, and muffins. Bacon, sausage, and ham with red eye gravy. Fried potatoes, baked oatmeal. Breakfast puddings, French toast. Fresh fruit recipes like blueberry buckle, strawberry shortcake (yes, for breakfast!), tons of coffees and teas. Rich hot cocoa. Fresh fruit juices.

Yum! Just yum!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread is making me hungry.

Okay, this is not organized, but this is what I'd love to serve.
Charcuterie plates
All the cheese
Like anything smothered in cheese
Fancy coffees
All the desserts
Except with stuff I don't like in them. So no pineapple or coconut.
Wine and dessert adult beverages, but not beer, because beer is gross.
Pasta would be good, too.

I should not be in charge of owning a restaurant.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A Bistro with French country dishes. A lot of people think that French cooking is just the fine dining dishes, but French country cooking isn't like that. Things like Cassoulet, Beef Bourguignon and roast chicken. Many of the dishes that Julia Child introduced the U.S. to were French country dishes.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I would have a potluck restaurant where you could get burgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, hot dishes, jello salads, vegetable salads and various finger foods that you find at a potluck. Sort of a meat plus three sides type menu.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread is making me hungry.

Okay, this is not organized, but this is what I'd love to serve.
Charcuterie plates
All the cheese
Like anything smothered in cheese
Fancy coffees
All the desserts
Except with stuff I don't like in them. So no pineapple or coconut.
Wine and dessert adult beverages, but not beer, because beer is gross.
Pasta would be good, too.

I should not be in charge of owning a restaurant.
I would like to add fondue to my restaurant. And crêpes. Just so you know.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
A Bistro with French country dishes. A lot of people think that French cooking is just the fine dining dishes, but French country cooking isn't like that. Things like Cassoulet, Beef Bourguignon and roast chicken. Many of the dishes that Julia Child introduced the U.S. to were French country dishes.
ditto!!! and grouper, filet of sole, all seafoods....

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go for an old school diner type place / bakery that also serves all day breakfast. You'd be able to order my home made cookies, desserts and certain things like meat pies and quiche to take home as well. I would also have an ice cream/frozen yogurt section, with real ice cream of course. Basically a place of home made comfort foods...

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic and Estonian food. Very much surrounded by a ton of Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Japanese, UK, Indian, the odd German/Czech etc etc restaurants (which don't get me wrong, is totally awesome!) So I think it would be totally unique to have Scandinavian/Finno-Ugric/Nordic food and drinks. And a reflection of a heritage that is near and dear to my heart.

Don't be perturbed either, Nordic food is much more interesting and tasty than people think! :biggrin: