Question of the Day - Monday, April 20, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Apparently I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. :headscratch: :cloudy:I don't know why because I slept pretty good and was having nice dreams when I did wake up. It probably didn't help that I got a bill for DD's last doctor visit that they've already been paid for and I already talked to them about once (they billed my insurance wrong). It just dawned on me that it's a sad anniversary for my family too. And it's rainy; but usually I like my rainy days. Hopefully it clears up so my kids can go outside later. DS just learned to ride his bike last week so that's what he wants to do as much as possible. :lol2:

When was the last time you rode a bicycle? Motorcycle? Moped?

I rode a bike last Thursday for the first time in 20 years. My rear spent the next day complaining every time I sat down. :crazy::flail:But we had a lot of fun.

I have a vague memory of riding a motorcycle for a minute when I was a kid but I haven't since. A moped or scooter of some kind might be more my speed. Actually those tricycle ones look fun. They look much easier to hold on to and less likely to tip on you. My Stepdad and Mom still ride their motorcycle and love it. My stepbrother had a motorcycle when he was 18ish and I tried to move it once...they are SO heavy! I decided to let someone else. My Mom actually dropped it herself a few weeks later. :cringe: Thankfully it wasn't damaged but I think my Stepbrother decided he should stop leaving it in people's way. ;) There were 5 of us of driving age in the house at that point and 5 cars in the driveway. I bet the neighbors loved that. :rolleyes2:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not been on a motorcycle in about 20 years. My Dad drove one, so when I was still living at home he would take me out. I've never been on a moped. I haven't ridden a bicycle in about 20 years also. Basically, since I got my licence and full time access to a car. I never really rode a bike "just for fun", it was my mode of transportation, and because I lived so far from civilization (in teenage terms), I never really viewed it as a "fun thing" to do, it was just a better option than having to walk. It was about an hours walk just to the nearest bus stop. Which I also did, if I was going into town and not staying close to home and visiting "local" friends. It took almost 1.5 hours to walk to my nearest friend that did not live on my street. And about 2 hours to get to the second nearest.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was riding an exercise bike at the gym until they closed due to Covid-19 last month. Does that count? DH and I were talking about riding our bikes outdoors but the tires are flat as pancakes since we haven't used them for the past 20 years. :rolleyes2:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been at least 5 years since I rode a bike, probably longer. I used to bike to work sometimes, but after I moved out in the country there was nowhere to ride (the highway doesn't have shoulders) so I gave my bike to a friend.

I've never ridden a motorcycle or moped, and I don't think I ever will. I want a nice steel cage between me and that semi, thanks!

Last edited:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never been on the last two.

It's been a couple of years since I rode a bike - my last bike got squished against the wall by my neighbour farmer's large machinery by accident :lol: (During the winter he stores his gear in my large garage) I wasn't mad at all, it was a very old bike anyway that needed work.

I haven't been one to be into bike riding all that much for a variety of reasons. But I have to admit, with quarantine life I sort of want to get a bike now, budget permitting.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I rode my bike last week. I have a cheap hybrid (street/mountain mix). Seoul is a relatively bikeable city and I live in a neighborhood where there are lanes on some streets, so I feel relatively safe riding on the street with cars as opposed to the sidewalks. I also have quick access to the lengthy bikeway that runs along the river which is super nice provided drunk pedestrians aren't meandering around it.

The last time I was on a motorbike was in Hanoi just before Christmas. It's really affordable to use a rideshare app (Grab) for motorbike taxis there and due to the traffic, it was much quicker to hop on a bike than wait around for a car. There are some streets where car taxis can't even go at certain times.

I had a Vespa scooter for all of 6 months in high school until I realized how impractical it was to have one in the Minnesotan suburbs. My brother had a dirt bike that was also street legal so I would sometimes ride on the back of that. I like riding on motorbikes, not so much being the driver! Though I keep considering buying another Vespa now that I live in a place where I could actually use it year-round. That or a cafe racer style motorcycle like the Triumph Bonneville.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my...haven't ridden a bike in many years.I have one,but am afraid to hop on and give it a whirl.I'm petrified of falling,and with my knees,that could be a real problem.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time I road a bicycle I was 24 and visiting my brother in Dallas, Texas. While he was at work, I road his bike all over town and went shopping and out to eat.

The last time I road a motorcycle was in high school. My dad drove his to work and when he picked me up at my friend's house or my grandma's house, I would have to ride home on the back.

I don't know what a moped is.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's been so long I don't remember. And the shame of it is that I used to ride bike everywhere.

When I was walking at work, I tried to talk to Dear Richard about getting a used bike to ride the trail instead of walking. He said the only way I could have a bike was if I promised him I'd wear a helmet with a face mask, gloves, elbow pads, knee pads, and something on my feet. Why? Because this man knows that I am one of the most accident-prone women on the face of this earth and he didn't want to have to deal with me trying to deal with broken bones. Snot that he is.