Question of the Day - Monday, April 15, 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy very springy Monday from my neck of the woods. It’s almost summery out there and my yard is FULL of birds. I feel like a Disney princess…lots of housework and lots of birds. (But No mice please!) Including Daddy Bluebird who keeps coming to look in the back door. :lol: This is my view from the kitchen table where I sit to teach lessons. Hes now at the very end peeking inside again. :lol:

IMG_6745.jpeg

What is your favorite thing about Spring?

I love watching things “wake up” and bud and bloom. We have baby leaves on most of the trees. Some trees are done flowering. The wind has done a number on the tulips but they’ve been fun to watch too. DH has cut the grass once but in less than a week it looks tall again! We should have “helicopters” off the maple trees soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not having to deal with heavy coats and the car seats where they can't be worn.

That's such a mom of young kids answer. :lol:
The next part of your life begins when you can leave the house without having to make sure everyone has shoes and coats. :agree:

(But then I did see a teenager barefoot at church last week with her first 2 toes tapped together. So maybe I shouldn’t be so confident yet. :rolleyes2: I’m still hoping maybe she was barefoot because of working in the children’s church since I was in that building at the time. 😅)

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Opening the windows at home, driving with the windows open in my car, and leaving the doors open for the dogs at work so they can be outside as well. I also love taking Livie out into the yard for a good game of frisbee, and letting the cats have the run of the catio from sunup to bedtime!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I used to love the smell of lilacs. We used to have two lilac bushes at the west end of the house and, when they bloomed, I would open the windows and the smell would permeate through the house. I could even be in the kitchen and smell the lilacs. I love them.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Baby animals
- Fresh, crisp air. Not too hot and not too cold. Great for sleeping too :)
- Beautiful greenery and flowers
- The start of summer dress season!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to love the smell of lilacs. We used to have two lilac bushes at the west end of the house and, when they bloomed, I would open the windows and the smell would permeate through the house. I could even be in the kitchen and smell the lilacs. I love them.
Lilacs are my favorite everything. I would be on Cloud 9!

DH and I are looking to plant some new things on the side of the house by the kitchen and I’m thinking lilacs. I have 2 on the other side but I only get to smell them if I go outside and huff the blooms.:paperbag: :lol: Which I should be do soon. :biggrin: