Question of the Day - Monday, April 13, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are almost mid-way through April already! It's almost time to plant the rest of my garden too!

Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?

No; but I do like both. I ordered pizza on Friday. It was SO good. I was able to order and pay thought the app to avoid contact with the delivery driver. It was SO nice to not cook for one night. I kept thinking pizza or Chinese food? But the Chinese place I like doesn't deliver here or have an app to pay through. And everyone here loves pizza. My kids were super happy to have pizza for dinner. DS really only likes fried rice when I do order Chinese; which is only a few times a year. So pizza is just an easy to please everyone meal. :yummy:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll go with pizza! Although ever since my favorite place here disappeared, I've been less enthusiastic. Sometimes bad pizza is just really, really bad. Especially if you were hyped up to eat. One of the worst things I've ever eaten was Imo's Pizza in St. Louis....I still sometimes have nightmares about it.

I haven't had American-style Chinese food in so long...I really liked the egg rolls we made at home, although they were based off a recipe from our Hmong neighbors, so not *really* Chinese. In actual China, I do enjoy dumplings and Shanghai noodles. Here in Korea, we have jjajangmyeon which is black bean noodles, based off of a Beijing dish, Zhajiangmian. There's a place close to me that serves a veg version which is amazing. In fact, tomorrow (April 14) is "black day" here, the day where all the singles go out and eat jjajangmyeon to drown their sorrows and celebrate being single. You can be sure I will be getting a bowl of them after work tomorrow. hahahaha

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a Chinese restaurant here, but the owner retired back to China years ago. I liked the fried rice and wonton soup, while Michele preferred the dai dop voy. I never really cared that much for pizza.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
China is a big country!
I'm not fond of Cantonese, but I'm a big fan of Szechuan and would have that over pizza any day.

View attachment 329873

source: China's 8 Great Cuisines — Best 8 Culinary Classics
Pretty much all of this map for my Chinese food. In fact, my husband and I had a dim sum and various other Chinese dishes served at our wedding made by our local Chinese restaurant owner who we adore. I also like many Americanized Chinese dishes. I make a pretty good Szechuan duck.

Now I want Shandong roast chicken.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since most pizza has tomato sauce on it, Chinese food is usually my preference. If I can get pizza with a different sauce, the question is tougher.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll go with pizza! Although ever since my favorite place here disappeared, I've been less enthusiastic. Sometimes bad pizza is just really, really bad. Especially if you were hyped up to eat. One of the worst things I've ever eaten was Imo's Pizza in St. Louis....I still sometimes have nightmares about it.

I haven't had American-style Chinese food in so long...I really liked the egg rolls we made at home, although they were based off a recipe from our Hmong neighbors, so not *really* Chinese. In actual China, I do enjoy dumplings and Shanghai noodles. Here in Korea, we have jjajangmyeon which is black bean noodles, based off of a Beijing dish, Zhajiangmian. There's a place close to me that serves a veg version which is amazing. In fact, tomorrow (April 14) is "black day" here, the day where all the singles go out and eat jjajangmyeon to drown their sorrows and celebrate being single. You can be sure I will be getting a bowl of them after work tomorrow. hahahaha
Isn't Imo's supposed to be a popular place? I feel like I've heard that name in several places. I do follow an author who lives in Missouri; so maybe that's why.

I really wish my area would sustain more authentic restaurants. I grew up in a town that was pretty ethnically diverse; so it helped me appreciate and enjoy the different foods from different cultures. I can't find that here unless you know someone who will cook for you. Of course home cooking is usually the best anyway. :lol:

So it's chain places here. Even the pizza places aren't like New York pizza. But I've found a few that do a good job.
I don't like either so can I choose Mexican.
Yeeesss!!! :drool: I love Mexican. It's near the top of my list of places to go once restaurants are open again. :lol:
Since most pizza has tomato sauce on it, Chinese food is usually my preference. If I can get pizza with a different sauce, the question is tougher.
Oooo....have you ever had bbq pizza? Or pizza with pesto sauce instead of tomato? My mom makes a really good white pizza too. My DD orders the white pizza from the place our mall's food court has.

I'm planning to make pizzas with my kids one of these days. My mom found yeast in one of the local stores to split with me since everyone is out. We are going to make crust from scratch. Depending on how much dough we make I might let my kids each make their own so we can do pesto and white pizzas.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like both but if I had to choose, I'd pick Chinese. There are so many different kinds and since this is Florida, good pizza is hard to find. Unfortunately our go to local Chinese place is currently closed which is sad because it's a family owned place.