Question of the Day Monday 1st

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not that into jewelry these days. At work, I wear my gold wedding band, silver watch, and fake pearl earrings. After work and weekends, just the wedding band.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear earrings and a watch. Since I'm retired I don't wear as much jewelry as I used to since I don't leave the house every day. I wear gold or silver depending on the color of the outfit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

I wear silver or white gold because it suits my skin tone better than gold. Funny thing I've always been told by my mom that it's very tacky to wear for example gold earrings and a silver or white gold ring- mixing the metals, she says they have to match..
does anyone else go by that rule??
my mam says the same thing i did forget i have i have two thumb rings on one thumb one is silver and set with little white stones all the way round it and the other is a green mineral type one to

on my watch on (its silver) i have two bracelts also one is black thread and the other is purple beads

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear the same jewelry all the time; the only items that change are earrings and I don't care what they're made of. I'm wearing 4 gold rings, a gold bracelet, a gold-tone watch, and a silver necklace and pendant.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually wear jewelery (not even ear rings), but when I do I stick to silver/white gold colored pieces. I'm not a huge fan of yellow gold.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear silver, white gold, or stainless steel, depending on what it is. I wear stainless barbells in my eyebrow and tongue piercings, and white gold or stainless in my nostril piercings. I got a white gold nostril screw with a tiny heart shaped ruby for Valentine's/25th anniversary. It is beautiful, I just love it.
I usually wear 2 pairs of stainless rings in my ears, but sometimes I wear some that are silver with gemstones.
I wear anywhere between 1 and 12 rings, all silver, some with stones. I also have a silver handmade slave bracelet that I have had for 20 years that I wear sometimes.
I always wear a pendant or a locket. My favorite pendant changes periodically, but always have some gemstone, lately a rutilated quarts and topaz. The locket is silver engraved on one side, and inlaid ivory and onyx on the other, in the shape of a yin and yang symbol. Of course it has pics of DH in it. He gave it to me the first time we had to be apart for a little while when he went ahead to a new city to start an new job.
Almost all of my jewelry marks an occasion, anniversary, or was given to me by someone I love. Sometimes I just like to go through my jewelry box and remember where it all came from. I have collected it for so long it is like a timeline of my life.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

I've always been told by my mom that it's very tacky to wear for example gold earrings and a silver or white gold ring- mixing the metals, she says they have to match..
does anyone else go by that rule??
I did not know it was a rule
but yeah, I follow it.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear all of the above on a regular basis, and on special occasions, will wear whatever fits best.

Everyday, I wear three rings- my wedding (gold), my engagement (silver or white gold, not sure :lol3), and a cheapie plain silver band I LOVE.

I often add a necklace to it, whatever at the time- at the moment it's gold. Sometimes a bracelet or a different ring. I'm pretty simple over all!