-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good Morning Everyone

I been looking at wanting to upgrade my phone, lack of funds stops me though
so i will just stick with my Nokia for a little bit longer I think

So the question for today is

What do you look for when going to buy a new mobile phone?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unlimited texts and free minutes to other mobiles phones.

My contract is due for renewal in December and i'm planning on upgrading to an iphone, so my provider said i can have 600 free texts, 500 free minutes, and unlimited internet usage for the same price as what i'm paying now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Unlimited texts and free minutes to other mobiles phones.

My contract is due for renewal in December and i'm planning on upgrading to an iphone, so my provider said i can have 600 free texts, 500 free minutes, and unlimited internet usage for the same price as what i'm paying now
thats some deal that, with mine i get 300 messages 300 mins for £15 was fine when me and blaine were living together but now we dont im going through the texts in about 3 days
Im jelous i really want an iphone lol

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 'mobile phone' is a simple Trac-fone that I rarely use. I'm not a phone person.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

thats some deal that, with mine i get 300 messages 300 mins for £15 was fine when me and blaine were living together but now we dont im going through the texts in about 3 days
Im jelous i really want an iphone lol
Switch to T-Mobile!. The plan i'm on at the moment is 800 minutes, and unlimited texts for £25. I go well over 600 texts a month, so hopefully they'll have a better offer with the texts when i go back for the iphone. I could switch to 02, but i know T-Mobile will want to keep me because i've been with them for nearly 9 years.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my friend!...
what a great question!...

An easy platform...
and right now WiFi, & bluetooth....

The keyboard could be touch or other, well is the almost the same.....

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I want is a phone where I can get calls and make calls. I really don't need all the bells and whistles, and don't want to pay for them.

The phone I have now was free with my plan with T-Mobile -1000 minutes for $39.99. Texts were an extra $.05 per text, incoming and outgoing, and I hate texting - it takes me forever - and then they raised the cost to $.20 a text, outgoing and incoming, so it would have cost me if someone was texting me and I wasn't doing any texting myself. So I blocked the texts. I don't need it and I don't want to go through the whole thing of changing my plan for free texts when I hate texting.

So.....just phone calls, and also, my phone takes pics, which I like.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I recently upgraded my phone to one with a slide-out qwerty keyboard. I don't really do a lot of texts, but when I do it's nice to be able to type them quickly. As for my plan, it's 350 minutes a month and 25 MB of data. That's actually the smallest number of minutes my carrier offers. On a typical month, I don't even do 1/3 of that. As for the data, I added that because I suspect that on occasion I'll need to look up directions or get a weather forecast on line.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get the cheap go phones ...I have a plan though, I don't use the pre paid plan, but I'm out of contract and dont' want to renew the contract and without a contract phones are so expensive.
Well in reality I feel cheated out every time I buy a cell phone here, because in Japan you can get a phone much that's better than the newest best phone here, for a penny...it's just unfair, but that's supply and demand

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has to be through Verizon, don't want touch screen crap, and has to be a Blackberry
I <3 my Tour.

I wanted a Blackberry when my upgrade came around, and got the Pearl. It crapped out in January though, so I went and used hubby's upgrade for a Blackberry Tour. Still had the trackball I love, and was a little bit bigger
Hubby still has his 3+ year old Motorola flip phone that he can throw on the floor, break into 5 pieces, reassemble, and it works fine.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I have an LG Voyager. I hate it. I can hardly wait until this contract is up. I'll go back to super simple....outgoing calls, incoming calls, period. Don't even care if it has a camera.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the Voyager to, not crazy about it either. I will be switching over to a pay as you go phone when my contract is up.
Libby 74 do you like the Trac phone, would you recommend it?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We're through Verizon and I have an LG. Camera, music, etc. Before I got my Ipod, I used my phone and earbuds for music while I walked during lunch. I splurged a wee bit and got the heavier-duty battery and, honestly, even with talking and when I was listening to music with it, it only needed charging about every 10 days or so. I've been very pleased with my phone. DH's phone is an LG as well as is my MIL's phone....she's on our plan with us. Our contract expired last September so we could get new phones, I guess, but we haven't done so.

I don't text or anything like that. I use my phone now pretty much just for talking. (And I can talk a lot!!)

Between the three of us, we use about 1000 minutes a month....me using most of them.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have an iPhone. I used to have Sprint and a Palm Pre, but I was so fed up with Sprint that I switched in January when I was able to break my contract and not have to pay them the $300 fee to do it. I look for a big screen so that I can play on the internet without squinting, unlimited everything, and someone that will give me a discount through my job
. I only have a cell phone currently so I figure that by making everything unlimited, although I pay a lot monthly, I still end up ahead since I don't pay for a landline.

When I move into my new house, I am getting a landline but I doubt I will use it very much. I am getting it so I can get an alarm system installed and get a bundle deal for TV, phone, and internet.