Question of the Day - May 29th - Friday

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have a retractable clothes line outside and have a clothes line set up in my basement by the washer/dryer. The outside one is mainly for heavy stuff like drapes, sheers, blankets and bedspreads. I used to use it for clothes every week but it's attached to a 2nd story sundeck and I need a ladder to wrap it around a tree branch. I don't do ladders so good anymore so I don't use it too often.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, the apartment compex has no room for one outside. Aside from that I'm not a fan of hanging my clothes out to dry since the allergens outside like to get all over my laundry which in turn bothers my asthma/allergies....rather avoid it. / I do hang some things to dry over my little washer/dryer area inside of my place though.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, and not a fan of them. I like my nice toasty clothes from the dryer. My grandma always had a clothesline though.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We do have a retractable outside clothes line. We use it once a year to clean the pool tarp after we open it for the summer. The rest of the year it's broken apart and in the garage because if we leave it up the sparrows build inevitably build a nest behind it. (Which works out great until the babies get to a certain size...then they fall out and die.
So we don't let them build there anymore.)

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like many Aussies I don't own a drier, and use the clothes line year round.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have an outside clothes line. There have been times when I've wished I had one.

I use drying racks like this one, for my delicates. I also have one that I dry herbs and catnip on. They're wonderful because they fold up quite small for storage, but open up really large. They're really quite sturdy, and can hold a bunch of stuff!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up untill this year, it was against city bylaws to have a clothes line unless it was one of those stands (not an actual clothes line)....they thought the clothesline to be "unslightly". Now the laws have changed because government, and towns are trying to be more environmentally friendly.

So no, we didn't get one when we moved in, because neither of us like the "umbrella type". Now that we are able to have one, I have back probs so it would never get used

I love the smell of line dried sheets... and would dry everything on the line except for towels and socks if I could.