Question of the Day - May 22nd!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Originally Posted by white cat lover

The first sentence is what I was taught to use in school, not sure if the second one is completely right (mainly the "estan" might not be the proper usage).
¿Puedo ir al baño?
¿Donde estan al baño?
Nat the first one you asking permition to go,....
and is complete very good write!
the second one you asking for the direcction of where is situated the WC...

¿Donde esta el baño?
Very good my friend, very good....

....I just only being testing you!....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
See, now estan always got me.
I still can't use it right!

(I know you're teasing, I like to tease back!
)

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only know English and maybe a dozen words in Cherokee.

I would love to learn other languages but I don't think I would be very good at it now

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can speak a little bit of spanish. I took two years in high school. To graduate from the Univeristy of Iowa I have to have 4 years of spanish. I hope that with those 4 years I will be able to hold a converstation in spanish!!

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My primary language is English and I speak Spanish fairly well. My Spanish skills are rusty though as I've not utilized them in a long while. I know a bit of German, but I certainly couldn't carry on a conversation. I wish that I knew German better and I'd love to be able to speak French and Russian. I have a friend who is fluent in Russian and I love to hear him speak it! If my German were better it would help me immensely with my thesis.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
English is my native language. I took 3 years of German in high school, but all I can do with it now is read German wine labels! I remember the simplest of things, asking directions, ordering food....that sort of thing. I know a smattering of Spanish, Russian, and Hungarian words....but certainly not enough to understand the spoken or written language. I love hearing French, Italian, and German spoken! How I wish that I could speak those languages!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I speak fluent English (obviously
) and just a little basic Japanese.. though I'd love to be able to speak it fluently someday.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I speak English (obviously!), and I can say some things in Spanish, French, and Polish (a friend of mine moved to the US from Poland).

I'd love to learn more Polish, as well as learn to speak Italian.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know some things in Spanish, Arabic and Italian and some cuss words in all of those languages
I would love to speak fluently any and all languages.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fluent in English and pretty close to it in Spanish as well. I can read and speak some Hebrew, Russian, German and Latin (When I was a music major we had to do a lot of latin and german), but i am not fluent in any of those. The only french words/phrases i know are cuss words

At the moment i'm trying to learn as much Vietnamese as I can - my husband is 1/2 Vietnamese so it's definitely something i want to learn. Right now i only know a few words though.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I can speak a little bit of spanish. I took two years in high school. To graduate from the Univeristy of Iowa I have to have 4 years of spanish. I hope that with those 4 years I will be able to hold a converstation in spanish!!
Show me please...

hermione2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
English, of course!

My senior year of high school, I took Spanish I and II, so I know the basics as well as how to translate a few things. I really want to learn how to speak Italian and whatever language they speak in Vienna (shows how smart I am
) in case I go there some day because I really want to!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can speak a little bt of german...

Guten tag, wie gehts? Ich habe ein katze heiBt Mitzi. Sie is sehr schon!
Hello, how are you? I have a cat called Mitzi. She is very beautiful

And that's about it. lol