Question of the day - May 15th!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to drive the speed limit or up to 10 mph over it. It depends on the road I'm on. There are some that I go the speed limit through, and there's some, like the highways that I go up to 10 over. I've only been pulled over once, with no ticket. I was going 55 in a 40. A Massachusetts State Cop pulled me over, and i was shaking cause i hate being pulled over. And I told him I honestly didn't know it was 40 (which was actually the truth) and he gave me a verbal warning. Boy was I lucky. I was still in college and if I got a ticket my parents would've made me start paying for my own insurance. Knock on wood, have not gotten a ticket yet.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In 33 years of driving, I think I've gotten 3 speeding tickets. I just stay with traffic, which usually goes approximately 5 mph over the posted limit on the expressways. I drive the speed limit in residential areas, because I'm afraid of pets.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to go 5 over in town, and 10 over on the interstate. Sometimes if I get into a group of speeders on the interstate, I will go "with traffic" in line with them - usually somewhere in the middle of the pack!

I've never gotten a speeding ticket - *knock on wood*!! I've gotten one ticket since I got my license in 2004, and that was for "careless driving". I got it wiped off completely by going to court, pleading not guilty, and paying like $100 extra to keep it off my record and no points. It was a crap ticket anyway - the cop was just out looking to harass ... its why 70% of the other people in court that day had pointless tickets by him as well!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I drive about 4-5 over the speed limit, never got a ticket & hope to keep it that way.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pretty much always drive a bit over the limit, never had a ticket but the cameras are usually in the same places so I'm just careful around those areas or if I hear on the radio there's a camera in a location I'm in.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Happy Thursday everyone!

Do you drive over the posted speed limit? If so, how many tickets have you gotten since you first got your drivers license?

I'm not much of a speeder, I usually go about 5 over, average
I've only gotten 1 ticket since I got my license... not so bad!

Have a good day!
every chance i get, i was much worest on a motorcycle then in a car. and 3 tickets