Question of the Day Late Edition Saturday the 7th of January, 2023

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Welcome 2023!!!

Let's talk about gifts, not just Christmas but all gifts.

tell us about an awful gift, gag gift. etc

Someone once gave me The Clapper and the Chia {pet, not a gag gif, ha!!

What about you?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also can't think of a really bad gift that I have received. Of course, there were the disappointing gifts as a child. Smaller children are usually disappointed with clothes as a gift.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I received a 'gag' gift which really wasn't funny... I received a winning lottery ticket of $10,000 I was ecstatic and it would have helped me immensely at that time. It was a fake.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once for work, we thought of the idea that for a gift exchange, we would pick names and the gift was a small stocking filled with things that started with the first letter of the name we picked. My name starts with a "J" so I got things like jerky, a pen with a J on it, juice crystals, among other stuff...all good fun. BUT, I also got "jewelry" in the form of penis earrings that lit up. Obviously a gag gift, and I did laugh, but it was a wasteful gift...it's not like I was ever going to wear them.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This wasn't a "bad" gift by any means, but it was a gag and hysterical at Christmas, 2020. I got a home made Covid survival kit. A few old books, a few old DVD's, a deck of cards, a board game, a few bars of chocolate and a few cans of beer, etc. I still crack up when I think of it! :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I also can't think of any awful gifts I've ever received.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure I must have received some ghastly gifts during my long life - but all's forgiven and forgotten. I only wish people wouldn't give me jellies, jams, chutneys, etc. because I don't eat them. They fill my fridge waiting for a suitable guest who rarely comes. So, with only a "Handmade" label and no "Best by Date", I finish up having to throw them all away. Such a waste. My family and friends have usually been gifted identical items and, though they may consume such commodities, I can rarely find a willing taker. Any offers for cherry or plum jam? :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have received some pretty strange gifts over the years. A few of them are: a set of velvet covered hangers, a pair of socks with toes in different colors for each toe, a roll of toilet paper with a certain president's name on it that said Dump _____. :wink:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom doesn't give great gifts. She's kinda cheap and will give people crap and I hate having extra stuff around my house so a lot of stuff she gives ends up being clutter.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gilmargl gilmargl Have you ever baked a jelly roll? Sponge cake in a jelly roll pan, as soon as out of oven roll up in a damp cotton kitchen towel. When cool, gently unroll, spread with jam or jelly (beat with a fork to loosen up before spreading) and then roll up again. If that's too much trouble just cut the sponge cake in thirds and use the preserves as filling between layers.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Some anonymous person at work gave me one of those mounted fish that turned and sang some awful song. Can't remember the song. I was totally perplexed as to who would give me such a thing. I threw it out without telling anyone about it.
Billy Bass? I remember those, I thought they were hilarious in the store but really didn't want one at my house...