Question of the Day, June 27th

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

O I have a bunch....do you think creme of tartar from 1993 is ok?
Do you realize there's teenagers driving around that are younger than your creme of tartar?!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a spice rack with about 15 different spices in it. And a few more in the cupboard. I don't use to many of them though. I use chili powder, cumin, and italian seasonings the most. I also have onion and garlic salt, onion and garlic powder, season salt, dried onions and garlic that I use on occasion.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have garlic powder, onion powder, onion flakes, chili powder, italian spice, rosemary, paprika, salt, pepper (black pepper and a grinder with a pepper mix), lemon pepper and a french fry spice. They are just kept in the cupboard. I have containers for the ones that come in bags.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
when i had the flat i had easy about 30 herbs and spices i did a lot a foreign dishes blaines mam would bring them back off her hols for me but at my mams theres only about 10 different spices/herbs

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ummm well over a dozen..I love to cook food from all over the world. I just have them thrown into their own Spice cabinet. WHich DH has build little steps for each row of spices.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only have rock salt and this disgusting cracked pepper I bought. Note to self: don't buy the cheap stuff!

My flatmates have about 10 that I occasionally use - I normally just use the cayenne pepper.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Too many to count - mostly cajun/indian/middle eastern though, not a lot of french/italian herbs. Just the basics there.

We have at least 26 different kinds of salt, and 7 kinds of pepper. We have a pull-out kind of thing right next to the stove, and they're in there. The ones behind the stove are all cajun, salts, peppers, and garlic salt. The most expensive salt we have was a gift - Kamebishi Soy Salt ($91 for 8 oz).

We don't use much of anything anymore... Gary is the chef and doesn't do much cooking these days. But I'd rather eat one of his meals than in the most expensive restaurants there are any day.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

How many spices do you have in your kitchen. Do you keep them in your pantry or do you have a spice cabinet.
I am always cooking and always in that kitchen. I don't think I could count the spices. Spice area.