Question of the Day Jun 23rd

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
greetings TCS Family hows everyone doing ? todays question is: if you were a kitten what kind of outfit would you be wearing ? and what colors or styles ?

I would be sporting a cute green sundress with a ruffled skirt to match

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
please note that id never do this in real life and this was just supposed to be a fun question ... please dont be upset with me guys :bawling2:

Don't worry, it was pretty clear that it was simply a cute lighthearted theoritical question and not something literal. The imaginative idea of a fictional kitten (and us humans as a kitten!) wearing a cute outfit is sweet, obviously doesn't transfer to real life. Marie, a cartoon charracter from the Aristocats, wears a pink bow after all. We all know kittens don't walk around happily wearing pink bows. Most of us here are clearly very responsible cat owners. Some people for some reason take things too seriously, condescendingly or negatively needlessly.

It was like in the past where I posted silly Zodiac memes simply for fun and encourage forum interaction but got the occasional lecture on how astrology wasn't real or party pooper statements! It's like, dudes, duh :lol: It is just a game, like posting word, scenario or other name games. Same instances happened too where I posted some of my Question of the Days, causing me to not even want to go read the responses sometimes (Even if I still wildly enjoy doing the QofD)
It can be a bummer, I get it. There is definitely ways to answer politely, ask for clarification of needed, reread what is actually being said or simply scroll/skip on if not interested. If someone knows a much better idea for a post than THEY can go ahead and be brave enough to post and recieve responses.

in any case, we have to encourage (appropriate of course) engagement and posts after all, not just reserved for the popular people in the forum.

Anyhoo, hugs Strider Rose! It is all good! It is a fun and cute question. I think some of the folks honestly didn't mean anything by it here, just continuing a lighthearted convo on how cats in real life actually are with costumes! 😸 So sorry you felt upset in turn! I hope you feel better Hon.