Question of the Day - July 10th!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am still good friends with one of my friends that I have known my entire life. She is one of my bridesmaids. My best friend until I was 10 (I moved away) found me on facebook about a year ago so I have talked to her a few times since then.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a timely question for me.

Today I attended the funeral of the father of one of my best friends from high school. She was in my wedding, and I was in hers. We've been friends for something like 35 years. We both know that we're 'forever friends', and we'd be there in a heartbeat for each other.

There were three of us in highschool, that were totally inseperable. We all still get together every summer when DeeDee comes up from North Carolina. We all stay in close contact by e-mail and phone calls. I think it's great! It's nice to have friends with a long history.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't keep in touch with anyone from grade school. I don't want to and, trust me, most of you wouldn't want to either.

My best friend from HS lives in MI now but we still keep in touch. I just sent her a birthday present the other day. She was my matron of honor.

I keep in touch with my best friend from college, too. She lives in San Francisco but she is now afraid to cross bridges or even ride BART (one of our transit systems) to come to the East Bay where I live. I go to see her in the city. She was my bridesmaid.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope....I don't know what it is with my childhood friends, but they made a lot of bad choices. One of which was caught with a meth lab in the trunk of her car!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm only in touch with one of my school friends -- from highschool. We graduated 44 years ago, and haven't actually seen each other for more than 35 years. We reconnected about 16 years ago and write or phone a few times a year, and have come within a whisker of getting together several times. It's not what I would call a close, or necessarily forever, friendship, but I do appreciate that we still have things to talk about, despite the fact that our lives have taken very different roads. This reminds me that I probably owe her an email.