Question of the Day - January 6, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm getting a jump on the first week back from Winter Break by posting before I get to bed. :yawn: It was a good but busy weekend so a little extra shut-eye sounds nice right now. A little part of me is looking forward to getting back to a normal routine. Another part of me was enjoying my kids letting me sleep a little later while they had breakfast in front of cartoons. ;)

Can you dance?

No. :paperbag: I can clap, sing and I've played an instrument. But the rest of me doesn't seem to have rhythm! :disappointed: I even took dance lessons for 5 years as a kid. It's just not my gift. DH and I have danced together a total of 3 times in our 18 years together. Two of them were at our wedding. :lol: I'm ok with this. One time as a teen my youth pastor and his wife were asked to speak at a conference. They would bring along a few of us from our church to help out. Well one of the teens from the host church taught everyone (in the youth service) to line dance. I kicked a few people and then sat down. :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag::paperbag::paperbag:

My DD has been part of a girls dance group but the young woman who led them and did all the choreography went away to law school; so they haven't been able to dance. One of the moms of another girl in the group came to me today to say the girls are asking to dance again. Neither of us have the skills for it. But she told the oldest girl to go online and see what she can find that is appropriate and let her know. We'll support them how we can. I'm hoping she'll find a hidden talent for choreography herself. :lol:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
My friends and I used to bring in a ballroom teacher to our house for fun. I can dance also a bit and I can follow the tune, but I will be embarrassed to dance in front of a lot of people, especially at my age now.

I am only in my 40's, but I feel so Jurassic. My bones sometimes hurt here and there. :biggrin:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took tap dance for a couple years until the class was cancelled. I'm not great or super graceful, but not horrible, and really enjoyed it! Once we buy a house and I know where I'm going to live I want to look into it again.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to dance, always did but it's difficult now. I danced at my nephew's wedding off and on for 2 hours and
was in bed for the next few weeks but it was worth it. Electric Slide, etc so much fun

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents made my sister and I take dancing lessons. It was a large group of teenagers, 30 or 40. We learned the cha-cha, the lindy hop, the foxtrot and the waltz. I really like waltzing! But I did not like the dancing lessons so much. Unfortunately, I placed in the big waltz ballroom dancing competition and won a scholarship for the next year! Arrggh!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Nope. Can't dance, can't sing, can't hold a tune. Somehow, when I'm drinking, it doesn't matter so much.

When Rick isn't home and I can really crank the music up, I'll dance around the house, singing at the top of my lungs. I probably look like an idiot. I don't care.

My motto for 2020:

PowerofMusic.jpg

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can dance alright in the sense that I have rhythm, my body moves with fluidity and I'm coordinated. I can pick up dance moves / choreography pretty well. I also took ballet and contemporary as a child. There's no way I could do what I did as a child now though...I would break.
I can dance by myself to music (the club, weddings...etc) but I don't know any "pairs" dancing (fox trot, tango, rumba, etc...). I have to have a few in me before I feel comfortable dancing in public.

Last edited:

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
No.

I took Modern Dance to get my phys ed requirement out of the way in college because I loathe softball. I danced like no one was watching during Occupy when everybody thought we were making the world a better place but no, I don't go out dancing as in dating and my mother did not pay for and shuttle me around to ballet, tap, or jazz dance lessons when I was a child.

We had horseback riding lessons instead and my older sibling got to take piano.