Question of the Day - January 3rd

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go in for something, and if Rob isn't with me, walk out with a ton of things I don't need and hadn't planned on getting. When we have our own house and have to do 100% of the shopping, we'll be looking at circulars and whatnot, clipping coupons for stuff we need, etc. But who knows how long that'll last!! He only wants to grocery shop 1x a month, and if I go every week, we'll spend tons on stuff we don't need because I'm the shopper who goes in for 2 things and walks out with 20!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I clip coupons, search the ads of the 2 closest grocery stores for the best deals; I take into account that one grocery store doubles coupons up to $.50 and the other up to $.55--I am definitely a bargain shopper. I also keep track of the amount I'm spending as I go along.

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well hammy comes from a shopping family who looks at ads like they are bibles, i on the other hand come from a poor family who only get what is cheap and only what is needed. He has over the past year and a half gotten me to be a little bit of a shopper. We go thru the ads first but still generally get alot of things we dont need, but isnt that the nature of shopping?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to collect coupons for the products I was already using or wanted to try. They were seldom in the right place at the right time. I gave that up.

I keep a grocery list in my PDA, so it's with me wherever I am, and is updated as I become aware of a need. I pretty much stick to it. One of its organizing features is what stores I find a particular item in, so it's pretty easy to know what I should be looking for in each. I shop several times a week, on the way home from work, at whatever store has the most things (or the most critical) I need this time.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually keep whatever coupons I think I'll use, in my purse. I will make a list and add to it throughout the week. I'll get to the grocery store, realize that I left the list at home, try to remember what was on the list, grab all kinds of stuff (but usually not the stuff on the list), spend loads of money, forget to use the coupons that are right there with me, in my purse, get home and realize that I don't have anything I really wanted or needed. Start another list for next week. Rinse and repeat.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Thanks, Marie, for the inspiration for this one!

What kind of grocery shopper are you?

Do you scour the circulars, make a long list complete with corresponding coupons?

or are you more like me, run in for a few things, forget half the things you went in for, end up with a lot of stuff you didn't go in for, spend way to much money, and forget your coupons?
are you more like me, run in for a few things, forget half the things you went in for, end up with a lot of stuff you didn't go in for, spend way to much money, and forget your coupons?
that is me exactly LOL

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I'm probably the most anal retentive grocery shopper on here

I have been known to not only MAKE lists, but to PUT THEM IN GROUPS. I know enough of grocery stores that the milk, eggs, sandwich meat and cheese are pretty much altogether. So if I need any of those, I'll stick them into the "Dairy" group.

If I don't order them, I'll miss something on the list and have to run to the other side of the store to get it.

I also clip coupons, but forget to bring them half the time.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't need coupons here, anything advertised in a coupon is that price on the shelf or they keep the coupons at the front and just scan them for you.

I do look through the circulars before deciding where to go shopping but don't bother driving around to 4 different places to save a few $$