Question of the Day - January 31, 2022

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's the last Monday of January! :hyper: Although its the 5th Monday of January and some say that's not fair. :lol: I'm just glad the days are getting longer!

The other day on social media someone shared a video of a party where everyone was told to "Wear something you never get to wear." And they videoed everyone arriving. It was cute! Someone came dressed up. Someone came in a Cap and Gown, someone wore the embroidered "Bridesmaid" satin bathrobe. Someone came in pjs. Someone came in a period costume. :lol:

What would YOU wear to a "Wear something you never get to wear" party?

I thought the cap and gown idea was funny. I do have mine hanging in the back of my closet. I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be after a while. I just remember wearing it for the ceremony and then that was it. All that work and you get a few hours of wear out of it. So I hung it on my office door for a few days. :lol: I think a period costume would be most fun. Maybe a Regency style gown. Not that I have one of those laying around... But still; fun! Dressing up as a cat would be a hoot too. Maybe a Cat Onesie? :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I probably would wear my regalia from my Master's graduation ceremony. It was last weekend and I was supposed to go, but the two people I invited both felt sick (one ended up having COVID), so I didn't really want to go anymore, so I didn't. I'd like to at least wear it once. I do plan on having a photoshoot with my diploma when it arrives though.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I could squish myself into mine… :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:
Don't hate me too much, but I'm currently about 5lbs below my wedding weight, thanks stupid dairy free diet. Plus with a corset back, I have a little more wiggle room either weight direction vs buttons or a zipper.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat onesie I've never worn. A few years ago, the local shelter was planning taking part as a group in a procession at a street carnival and we were all going to dress up as cats. I bought my onesie rather large so that I could wear plenty of warm clothing underneath. Unfortunately, the idea was cancelled. Only a handful of people were willing to take part so that the attention, we were likely to receive, and the impression, we were going to make, bore little relation to the registration fee we had to pay to take part.

Apart from that my wedding dress turned yellow and has been thrown out (I would still have got into it) and my cap and gown were hired. I have nothing exotic in my possession though my daughter may still have a Japanese outfit - kimono, wig and sunshade - I could borrow. I have a photo of me wearing it at a carnival party in the office about 18 years ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't hate me too much, but I'm currently about 5lbs below my wedding weight, thanks stupid dairy free diet. Plus with a corset back, I have a little more wiggle room either weight direction vs buttons or a zipper.
I won't hate you because you've suffered enough with your dairy and everything else free diet! :crazy: I also got married really young so I just don't think it's fair to compare my body to what it was almost 20 years ago. Even when I weigh the same as before my kids were born; I don't wear the same size. But I'm not giving up cheese over it yet. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a cat onesie I've never worn. A few years ago, the local shelter was planning taking part as a group in a procession at a street carnival and we were all going to dress up as cats. I bought my onesie rather large so that I could wear plenty of warm clothing underneath. Unfortunately, the idea was cancelled. Only a handful of people were willing to take part so that the attention, we were likely to receive, and the impression, we were going to make, bore little relation to the registration fee we had to pay to take part.

Apart from that my wedding dress turned yellow and has been thrown out (I would still have got into it) and my cap and gown were hired. I have nothing exotic in my possession though my daughter may still have a Japanese outfit - kimono, wig and sunshade - I could borrow. I have a photo of me wearing it at a carnival party in the office about 18 years ago.
We used to have a great costume rental shop here. Many of the schools used them for productions and we had a theater in town that has since closed; so they have too. My senior year of high school my friend and I went to another school's prom in exchange for 2 of her friends from that school being our dates at our prom. (I guess I was desperate; but not desperate enough to take the 10th grader from church that had a crush on me. :lol2:) Two girls from that school showed up in matching rental 18th century gowns from the costume shop. Hoops, hats and all! I think their dates had the standard tux. I don't think anyone paid much attention to the guys. But the girls were a hit! :lol:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Never went to high school graduation because I was way pregnant at the time and when I graduated from college my class decided they didn’t want caps and gowns. So I guess I would like the opportunity to wear a cap and gown.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
A skin-tight leopard print mini-dress, thigh-boots, and plenty of (what little I have) cleavage. At least it gets me out of sweatpants and leggings!
Yeah!
It would be fun if we can all get physically together one day and wear all these costumes we posted here. It would be fun, 100%!!

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd probably go super slutty😅 leather corset, stripper heels, fishnet thighs, booty shorts/mini skirt. That or my gala dress, it depends on who the party is with😂