Question Of The Day - January 30

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Being an utter klutz, amazingly I've never broken any body parts. (KNOCK ON WOOD). I refer to myzelf as a frequent faller because I've fallen in different countries, usually with an audience!and

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Frequent Faller, worldwide klutz! It runs in the family. My mom and my niece alzo are worldwide fallers. No BROKEN BONES, just hurt pride, booboos and lots of bandages. Always an audience that usually try to help us up!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've had at least three concussions. Falling down stairs, falling out of a tree and falling off a horse. (Well, actually he fell and catapulted me into the ground.)

Also a broken collar bone (horse), a broken thumb and dislocated shoulder (motorbike) and broken fingers (fell down a drain when I was a kid)

Stitches in my ankle (motorbike) Numerous burns (I studied hot glass for a while at university. It's not for one as accident prone as I.)

I'm sure there must be more, I'm a walking disaster.

:lol:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my worst injury was quite similar to @Winchester 's experience. i experience effects from that accident to this day.

other than that, i've only ever broken a bone once, as an adult. that was a fracture of my big toe, and a fracture blister developed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I pulled my back in college lifting my laundry basket the wrong way. I got to spend a week with good meds. I eventually left my retail job because of it. Too much standing and lifting just wasn't helping my recovery. DH and I were engaged at the time. I lived at home so my expenses we pretty low and basic. DH helped me out with a little money. My Mom and her co-worker paid me to proof read and retype their reports for work. Which was actually very helpful because after college I ended up working with both of them at another company doing very similar work to what they did. :thumbsup:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom and MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , stay well and safe. :vibes::vibes::heartshape:

This thread has me thinking of safety and although I am very active all day, I would like to work more on my balance skills this year. I someday hope to get a balance board, but will start with simple exercises on my own. I just think at my age it would go a long way in helping me to right myself in a possible fall situation.

Sending good thoughts to all my friends who posted here!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom and MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , stay well and safe. :vibes::vibes::heartshape:

This thread has me thinking of safety and although I am very active all day, I would like to work more on my balance skills this year. I someday hope to get a balance board, but will start with simple exercises on my own. I just think at my age it would go a long way in helping me to right myself in a possible fall situation.

Sending good thoughts to all my friends who posted here!
My FIL has been talking about this. He is almost 80 and has always been very active; but he's had some sort of leg/balance issue going on. He is a big researcher (retired from the medical field) but I'm not sure what hes decided to do. I've been wondering if yoga or tai chi is a good thing to look into for him (and myself even). A friend's husband made daily yoga his New Years Resolution and he's saying it leaves him feeling great.