Question of the Day, Friday, September, 29, 2023

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Happy Friday!

I have no idea what to ask so let's go with -

What are you doing this weekend?

There is a local harvest festival that we were thinking of going to but now it's supposed to rain so we're going to skip that. I've had a crazy week and haven't been home much so I think it'll be just trying to catch up a bit around here and relax a little.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Off this weekend! Yay! So BF and I will have a nice relaxing and leisurely time together - Snacks, drinks, snuggles and movies, go out for dinner, go out for walks by the water, maybe check out a fair weather permitting etc We both had a pretty hectic week so it will be very pleasant.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Off this weekend! Yay! So BF and I will have a nice relaxing and leisurely time together - Snacks, drinks, snuggles and movies, go out for dinner, go out for walks by the water, maybe check out a fair weather permitting etc We both had a pretty hectic week so it will be very pleasant.
new bf? :hugs:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gf and i are taking out a couple of friends to eat italian tonight. then sat. morning we are going to with my sister and her kids to meet up my uncle at magic castle for brunch. sunday gf works from home i plan to spend the day watching whatever games are on all day :lol:

savannahjansson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On a typical Friday evening, I like to plan a cozy date night with my partner. We usually take turns choosing the activity, and this week it's my turn to plan. I've decided to prepare a homemade Italian dinner with all our favorite dishes—spaghetti carbonara, garlic bread, and a fresh caprese salad. I'll set the mood with some soft jazz music and dimmed lighting. After dinner, we might watch a classic movie or, weather permitting, take a leisurely evening stroll in our neighborhood park. It's all about creating a relaxing and enjoyable experience to kick off the weekend together.🍝🕯😊

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband is out of town this weekend so part of my "things to do" is to go to his shop twice a day to take care of the "shop cat". I of course stay and spend some time with him. This morning I stayed about two hours. Fed him, cleaned the litter and snuggled him while I watched about half of Harry Potter. I'll watch the other half when I go back at dinner time. I'll do the same tomorrow, but a different movie. And then Sunday morning only, as hubby will be back in the afternoon.
The rest of the weekend will be finishing up cleaning the basement of all the mud/drywall dust from the flood renos, and hopefully make the basement livable and comfy again.
I'm not going to much in the basement today though...I'm not feeling great, so today is resting, computer work and basic household puttering.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son is coming for a visit so he can stay with my mom while I go to the store and get cat food. - She just got out of a 5 day stay at the hospital and I can't leave her alone.
Other than that, we are going to look for centipedes for a study of the parental behaviors of the Scolopendra heros (giant desert centipede) that he's doing. - I know where some are.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son is coming for a visit so he can stay with my mom while I go to the store and get cat food. - She just got out of a 5 day stay at the hospital and I can't leave her alone.
Other than that, we are going to look for centipedes for a study of the parental behaviors of the Scolopendra heros (giant desert centipede) that he's doing. - I know where some are.
have fun hopefully he becomes a future keeper of tarantulas/scorpions and centipedes:biggrin:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mom will be in town for some things so I'll get to see her and my step-dad for a bit. She said she's bringing golabki. Unfortunately I made cabbage soup this week so I'm reallly ODing the cabbage craving. Also my microwave broke so I guess I'll be oven-reheating them for us!

Other than that it's possibly helping DH replace the over-the-stove microwave (which he read is not a simple slide it in job... Yay. I'm also desperate to get my floors mopped and then I'd love to get my fall stuff from the attic and decorate. It's been super blah and gloomy here; so my fall lights would be really nice right now! I'm trying to get some things done today so I can get to that tomorrow. I've also got some totes and boxes to sort out; time/energy permitting.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm helping to plan a baby shower for my friend next weekend, so I have a bunch of errands to run.

I also am hoping to get my covid booster. It's supposed to be really hot here this weekend, so it's as good a time as any to be knocked down for a day.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're supposed to go up to the in-laws so my husband can do something with a friend. I'm hoping my MIL can help me take the girls apple picking. It's a fall activity I've been wanting to do with them.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoying Summer like weather. Sunny and no rain. Today reached 79F. Both Saturday and Sunday the temperatures Are expected to come close to 90F for highs.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure. I'm hoping I don't waste the weekend away like I have in the last few weeks. I want to do something these cat stairs I have and actually attached them to a wall for my cats. I have a couple of places I could put them, but it would require some finagling. I also want to hang up some shelves in my pottery studio.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When it stops raining Saturday afternoon I will finally finish stacking the 2 1/2 cords of firewood we had delivered. Then I need to clean carpets, but I doubt I will get them all finished.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday-- Tim Hortons, Lunch at a diner with mom, Walmart, coffee at mom's roommate's house, play with her kitty.

Saturday-- Tim Hortons, might cook lunch over at mom's, play with her roommate's kitty, go to my cousin's husband's funeral & the afterparty lunch, maybe have a coffee there if they have it. We are bringing a subway sub platter, so I will probably eat that if they don't have anything vegetarian.

Sunday--Tim Hortons & lunch with dad, shopping, probably go over to mom's after, not sure what else.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Working the usual hours, and cleaning house. I spent a good 30 minutes unclogging a sink this evening. Good times. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Saturday morning I plan to go to one of the local farmer's markets. Unfortunately we have a funeral Saturday afternoon for the husband of one of my close friends. Not sure about Sunday but definitely a coffee shop visit somewhere along the way.