Question Of The Day, Friday, September 1

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!:wave3: And Happy September!

My question this morning deals with September in general: Are you looking forward to anything in September? Going anywhere on a bit of vacation? A special day? A long weekend?

We're still trying to figure out if we want to go anywhere for a long weekend vacation. Still thinking along the lines of Myrtle Beach, SC. Nothing has been set in stone.

What about you?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not going any where but I have spent all this year having repairs and building work done on my house. The last job was finished today ( at least its the last planned job) so I am looking forward to catching up on my reading and peace and quiet.

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes ! My oldest nephew's wedding on the 16th.
They are having it at a really neat place called The Stone Lodge...out in the country with beautiful grounds.

Been so long since I have looked forward to something. I had fun at my niece's wedding last October, IN A BARN. It never had a speck of dirt in it though. ;)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Haven't thought about it-probably just spend the next 3 days hanging around the house and doing some spring cleaning now that it's cooler and not 90. I do enjoy a country drive and get a bite to eat along the way..so that's probably what we will do.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lots!!

• North Salem Old Fashioned Days
  • Meadful Things & Outciders Fest
  • Penrod Arts Fair
  • Festival of Machines
  • My newest cat's first official vet visit!!
  • Festival of Turning Leaves
  • Pilgrimage Music Festival
  • Potter's Bridge Fall Fest

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
The ONLY thing I am looking forward to is wine festivals. :beerchug: Otherwise September is super stressful. Classes start again, I have to go through registrations, beg parents to bring their kids to classes, beg people to teach the classes, constantly update attendance sheets because "I didn't know classes started on Sunday" (even though I called you, emailed you, put it in the bulletin, announced it at every mass, put it on the marquee in front of the church, sent flyers home) But yet somehow you didn't know?? :hmmm: By October things settle down, but September is crazy...

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both of my nephews are coming for a visit with their kids at my sister's house who lives right behind me. I'm looking forward to seeing them. I usually don't have anything to look forward to. My brother in law is an a$$ and both him and my sister likes to make it difficult for me to enjoy my nephews kids when they come to visit.

Muffy

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a week off coming up soon. I don't have any real plans yet. On my list of things ito do in general are visit a newly opened local bakery that has rave reviews, get a wristwatch fixed, and take a stroll around a local historic landmark. It's said to have lots of wildlife for an urban setting and a variety of plants and stuff and just a nice place to walk around. The fall foliage might be starting then. Hopefully the weather will be warm. It's been unusually cool lately.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have a college reunion with some old friends coming up the middle of September. Then opera season starts later in the month at the Lyric.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooler weather (I'm a cockeyed optimist; it doesn't get one whit cooler until mid-October)

A restored city and surroundings.

Getting out of the house. I've got major cabin fever.

The beginning of good festivals.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Gracie's first birthday this month . We got her when she was about 7 weeks old so I've roughly calculated it to be around the 27th .. Well that's when I'm going to celebrate it !

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've got a hike planned for sometime this month. Now that it's a bit cooler and there aren't so many bugs around I'm going to do the Okuniwa trail, which goes around Mt Fuji. (Not up to the top.)

There are so many things that need doing around the house and in the garden before winter sets in, I'll have to get those done too.

(Just need a chainsaw and a really long ladder.......)

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
My birthday is in a week, so I'll be looking forward to getting together with my mother, sister, and brother-in law for it.

At the end or the month, it's my nephew's birthday party, and that should be a fun family gathering.

Also, I just love fall weather!