Question of the Day - Friday, October 27, 2023

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The Friday question of the day is available. If you would like to do the question of the day every Friday send me a private message.

What time do you normally get out of bed?

The usual is around 6:15 but I'm usually awake much earlier. Lately I have not been sleeping well and have been awake a lot during the night and have been getting up a bit later.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it depends if a certain kitty wakes me up or not...
I always sleep fitfully.. and these wake up calls happen at all times.
Normally, my wake up time is anywhere between 6-7am...
My get going time is a lot later.. takes me a while to get my body in gear for the day..

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Around 7:15am, give or take depending on cats of course.
It used to be 5:30am when I was commuting. It's a luxury to be able to sleep this "late", roll out of bed, coffee and then a few steps to my workspace for the day :D

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola would like me up at 7:30 and I prefer 8:00, so it just depends on when she starts screaming to be let out of her room

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not before 8:30. My natural preference would be 10-10:30. Today I made myself stay and dozed after 9; but this week I’ve been up between 8:30 and 9.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Usually around 6-7, though I will sometimes come back and lie down a bit longer if I have time, after I use the restroom and take the dog out. On weekdays, I have to be out of bed and getting ready for work by 7:30.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why do you keep asking sleep questions?
I'm getting jealous of everyone.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
On work days, it is 4:15am I have to do mandatory OT which has me clocking in at 6am and I have to do stuff in the morning (besides feeding cats) in order to be functional, so I need that much time.

On non-work days, 6:30, later if I can persuade the feline brigade in the house to let me sleep just a bit longer.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Usually 6:00 a.m. but every now and then I get another hour of sleep. A lot depends on the time of year, e.g. it gets light out earlier in summer so that wakes me up.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anywhere between 7 and 8.30. I wake early because the sun comes in and my curtains don’t block it (no pelmet). If I have to go to knitting group or get the washing on, it’s 7-7.30. Otherwise it’s between 8-8.30. I can’t stay in bed later because I have to get the girls and me breakfasted before I go and start over getting Mum up, and just getting her dressed and washed takes about 45 minutes.

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I am a night owl I don’t sleep til 6am or 7am sometimes. When I do I get up around 2pm. Since I do work at home at night it fits. The only time I ever go to bed early is if I am not feeling well. That or if I have an appointment before noon I will go to bed early. My boys don’t wake me up they will come in and snuggle with me. They are like oh hey nap time. 😂 Now my dog Nera she will come in my room and stare at me until I get up. 😂

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to get up at 6am for years. But now I get up at 4:30am! I know it's insane, but I just need the extra time. I have to do all the housework since mom moved out and we have 6 cats now.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a night owl, so I go to bed late and then end up waking up late too. I'm supposed to work 8am to 6pm and I don't always get up in time to start work at 8am. Not a big deal in the long run since I work from home. My goal is to wake up between 8 and 9 though.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
On the mornings when I get up with the girls, it's between 7 and 7:30. When Rick gets up with the girls, I'll sleep in until 8 or 8:30, depending on how well I've slept the night before.

This morning Rick got up with the girls, but I'd been awake since around 5:00, so I got up, too. I'll probably crash and burn early tonight.

Jahpan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It used to be like 9 AM on the weekends maybe a little earlier for work it’s usually like 7:15 AM but now since I’m on maternity leave and I have a baby it’s been sporadic sometimes 930 sometimes 1030. It just depends when she wakes up in the middle of the night to feed