Question of the Day, Friday, October 20, 2023

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was forgetting I needing to do this today. Having said that, the Friday question of the day is available. If you would like to do the question of the day every Friday send me a private message.

What is your online banking password?

Kidding. :wink::lol: The question does have to do with banking though.

How do you do your banking? Do you have an online account? Do you pay bills online or write out a check? Do you prefer money orders?

I do have an online banking account and pay most bills that way. There are still a few that I write out checks for.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mostly online, but I have to pay my water bill via check because they updated their online system and now charge a $2 fee if you pay online. I am stubborn and will not entertain that. :lol:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t know. I let my financial manager (DH) handle it. :crazy: Half kidding. He does most of it but I’ve also been the one to do that over the years. Especially when he would be away with work. We still use the budget sheet I made in Excel 20 years ago though.

Most are done online but some are by check. My mom likes to run around paying bills it seems. I definitely don’t want to take that route!:lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mostly online, but I have to pay my water bill via check because they updated their online system and now charge a $2 fee if you pay online. I am stubborn and will not entertain that. :lol:
They started doing that with online rent payments for me, it's two dollars and some odd cents. I still pay online though. To pay by check I would have to go over to the office during office hours because I don't trust putting a rent check in a drop box. It was inevitable though, get everyone used to paying things online then start charging a fee for it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot is done on line. I still have several bills which I use snail mail for.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything is online. I cash checks online in the rare instances I get them. I almost never use checks myself. I have a savings account with a bank that I don't even think has a physical location. They have a 4.5% yield though that I can't pass up.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We do pretty much everything online now. Rick switched over to strictly online during Covid and we stayed online.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many of my bills are automatic withdrawal and for the rest I pay online.

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a physical bank I can go to, but most of what I do is online. I do have to go physically to the bank to handle my property taxes because it is free that way and I pay through my savings account (so I take the tax bill into the bank, say "I would like to pay this from my savings account" and get that done ... I have my checking account set up to take 1/26 of my tax bill and slide it directly over to savings right off the top with each paycheck). For the water bill, they still do the thing where you would pay a convenience fee, but my bank also offers a bill pay service where they will cut the check from my account and deliver it for me, so that's the way I pay my water bill. Pretty much every other bill is paid online, but I refuse to set up autopay because I get paid every 2 weeks, and inevitably it will come to pass that the due date is the 12th of the month and payday is the 13th in which case, yes, I'll pay a day late. If I'm able to pay early (from the check two weeks before, I will, but sometimes it's just a little too tight to do that).

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use my debit card for everything. I no longer carry cash.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Going against the grain. I pay bills via snail mail and do a lot of banking in person.