Question of the Day, Friday, October 2

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, wow, tthere are so many! I love book series.
To name a few: Jonathan Kellerman (Alex Delaware), J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter), Ian Rankin (Rebus), Kathy Reichs (Temperance Brennan), Jefferson Bass (Body Farm), Simon Beckett (David Hunter), Sjöwall/Wahlöö (Martin Beck), Henning Mankell (Kurt Wallander), Stieg Larsson (The Girl....), Robert Parker (Spenser), Craig Johnson (Longmire), Tony Hillerman (Leaphorn/Chee), Dick Francis (horse racing mysteries), Shirley Rousseau Murphy (Joe Grey), Rita Mae Brown (Mrs. Murphy), Miranda James (Cat in the Stacks), Sofie Kelly (Magical Cats), Sofie Ryan (Second Chance Cat Mysteries), Philippa Gregory (White Queen series)

I'm obviously not into romances.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marget weise and tracy hickman co authors of the dragonlance series
r.A. Salvatore the dark elf trilogy,icewind dale trilogy
raymond e. feist silverthorn , serpent war saga
j.r. ward black dagger brotherhood
most of the older star wars rogue squadron seies of books along with alot of the forgotten realms gord the rogue series and a few melanie rawn series of books anne macffery dragon riders of pern series jrr tolkien the hobbit, the fellowship of the ring, the two towers , return of the king c.s. lewis the chronicles of narnia
Louis L'Amour the sacketts Larry McMurtry lonesome dove series

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The D.I. Helen Grace Series by M.L. Arlidge

He is a fave, Mary Kubica, Franck Thillez, Nicci French, Betsy Reavley, Gillian Flynn, Ruth Ware, Riley Sager, Kurt Vonnegut,
Ernest Hemingway......I have soooo many

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
From which author/series have you read every book? Do you have a favorite writer?
J.K.Rowling ( harry potter series )
favorite authors are :
J.K.Rowling , v.c.andrews, danielle steel and L.M.Montgomery ( anne of green gables)

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to recommend Charlaine Harris to anyone who likes murder mysteries or supernatural books. I’ve read every single one of her books and am actually waiting for her to finish her next book 😊😬
My fave series is the Harper Connolly books about a young woman who was struck by lightening and can now find dead people and see the cause of death as a result. Fantastically different but still with an awesome plot.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you read any Laura Esquivel or Rudolfo Anaya?
Yes I have these two of Laura Esquivel ; I've read them in Dutch (because my Spanish is very basic)
1st one is 'Como agua para chocolate' (I liked that one very much)
2nd one is 'Tan veloz como el deseo'

IMG_3667.JPG

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I have these two of Laura Esquivel ; I've read them in Dutch (because my Spanish is very basic)
1st one is 'Como agua para chocolate' (I liked that one very much)
2nd one is 'Tan veloz como el deseo'

View attachment 353383

I read them in English because my Spanish is also basic. (I do read it better than I can speak it by far.) Haha! I loved "Like Water for Chocolate."

If you can and have not already, read "Bless Me, Ultima" by Rudolfo Anaya. It can be a bit too magniloquent at times for some readers. I personally think the style suited the story, but I know some people---[*cough*,*cough*] my husband--who do not like it. It really is a wonderful story. The Trementina sisters in it have always intrigued me.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read them in English because my Spanish is also basic. (I do read it better than I can speak it by far.) Haha! I loved "Like Water for Chocolate."

If you can and have not already, read "Bless Me, Ultima" by Rudolfo Anaya. It can be a bit too magniloquent at times for some readers. I personally think the style suited the story, but I know some people---[*cough*,*cough*] my husband--who do not like it. It really is a wonderful story. The Trementina sisters in it have always intrigued me.
Thank you for your suggestion, Elphaba09 Elphaba09