Question of the Day, Friday, Oct 7

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!

One of my weekend chores is doing laundry. I hate laundry. I usually do two loads of wash on Wednesday night with the rest of it done during the weekend. Between our clothes, towels and bed linens, and the load of cat blankets, pillowcases, and such, I do around 7 to 8 loads of laundry every week.

We like Tide laundry detergent the best. Most of the time, we use the Bounce bar in the dryer; that way, I don't have to remember if I added softener to the washer. I think that bath towels are better at drying us off after a shower if they don't have softener added to the load; otherwise, they become too soft. But that's just me.

So my question for you this morning is: How many loads of laundry do you do during one week? And what's your favorite laundry detergent? Do you use fabric softener? (OK, I guess that's three questions all together.
)

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have usually 2-4 loads per week.

I just get whatever laundry soap and fabric softener that is on sale.

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I normally have about 12-15 loads a week. I use whatever is on sale, and I do a few loads every single day of my life. if I miss a day, the next day is nightmarish.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do about two or three loads of 'my' clothes a week. Thats the basics undies, stuff and dfs non work stuff. Then one load of work clothes and one load of whites with bleach. I do them in smaller loads because I have an HE washer and it seems to work better with smaller loads.

I normally use Purex for all machines and liquid softener plus a dryer sheet. The last time I needed detergent though they had a big container of Sun detergent on sale cheaper price and more loads in the container.

Im really weird about laundry, I loveeeee doing laundry so Im pretty strict about how my clothes get washed, that df is NOT allowed to touch the machines or clothes, and how they are all done. LOL Im a control freak.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laundry is the only chore I enjoy doing

I do 2-3 loads a week - colors, whites/sheets, and sometimes towels if they dont fit in the washer with the other loads.

I use Tide HE for detergent and Downey for fabric softener. Then use a Bounce dryer sheet when they're in the dryer.

When I run out of dryer sheets, I have a Bounce bar to put in there since I had a coupon for it awhile back.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe 3 loads a month - it takes a while to make a full load of anything when there is only one person. Use liquid detergent, usually Sunlight, since most others make me itch, and fabric softener sheets.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do 7-9 loads a week, use All scent-free HE detergent, and no fabric softener. Not awake, so that's the short answer..lol.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby does laundry.
We prefer Tide, and we usually have around 7-8 loads a week.
I prefer unscented dryer sheets.

Pro tip: Towels are more absorbant without fabric softener, but if you like fluffy towels, simply use tennis balls in the dryer to soften the towels. Cheaper than those dryer balls, and they last longer. When the balls start to get fuzzy, find an appreciative dog to give them to.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My towels were smelling musty all the time. So I decided to do them every day. So I do at least one load, sometimes two every day. I use Fab liquid detergent which I buy at Family Dollar. I use Downy Fabric softener. I don't put the softener in the towels. I add ammonia to the wash with the detergent for them. My towels are smelling better all the time.

melorix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I usually do about four per week -- warms, colds, jeans and towels, and sheets. About twice a month I dry clean my pillowcases and comforter at home.

I use Tide for the detergent and Downy for the fabric softener. Bounce for the dryer sheets. Dryel for the dry cleaning.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
1-2 loads a week.

If I am out by my parent's for the weekend, I bring my laundry over and use their machine and detergent, lol.

Otherwise, I do just clothes and undies at the laundromat (and save towels and sheets for my parent's.. cheaper with less load on me!). I usually use Tide liquid as well. I recently got the scented one since it was on sale.. I don't like it. Smells too much!

Someone told me the powder detergents can harden the fabric and make them unbreathable?

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

So my question for you this morning is: How many loads of laundry do you do during one week? And what's your favorite laundry detergent? Do you use fabric softener? (OK, I guess that's three questions all together.
)
I do three loads a week: a light coloured wash, a dark coloured wash, and a pet wash. Yes
, a pet wash
. That is towels, sheets that cover my furniture, and animal beds/bedding. I used whatever fabric softener is on sale

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do about 4 to 5 loads a week. I also like Tide Laundry detergent. Use Downy fabric softener. Smells so good

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We usually do about 4 loads a week. I know that sounds like a lot for just the 2 of us, but we have a lot of towels & blankets for the fosters, kittens, etc. and we always want to make sure those are kept nice and clean, especially if any come in sick.

We usually just buy whatever detergent is on sale, not loyal to any real brand. We don't use fabric softener but we use dryer sheets.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do about 4-5 loads a week. I usually buy Gain laundry soap unless something else is on sale. I buy Gain fabric softener too. I love the smell.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
3-4 loads per week

Tide

No fabric softener

You can add me to the list of those who enjoy doing the laundry! Cleaning, not so much...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
HaHa! I lucked out. Work was slow, so Rick went home at lunch on Thursday and he didn't have to work on Friday. He did part of the laundry on Thursday afternoon and finished it up on Friday morning while it was too damp to work outside. All I have to do is change and launder bedsheets and the cats' blankets and pillowcases. That's it!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do maybe 5-6 loads, depending on what I have to wash. We don't wash our sheets every week. I do our laundry twice a week, DS's once a week, a load of dish towels, and bath towels every week.

I use homemade laundry soap, and I don't use fabric softener, but I use vinegar instead.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sk_pacer

Maybe 3 loads a month - it takes a while to make a full load of anything when there is only one person.
Yup. That's me. Plus, it costs me 1.50 for each machine, plus 1.50 for the dryer, (this is in the laundry room in our building) so I tend to wait until it's absolutely necessary. If I had a washer and dryer, I'd probably do it more often.

I use whatever liquid detergent is on sale, and I always use a dryer sheet.

I do love the smell of clean laundry, though.