Question Of The Day, Friday, Oct 27

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
In the summer I wear just a vest top and a pair of shorts.

In the winter it's thermal vest and leggings, thick fleece PJ's, big fluffy socks and usually another sweatshirt over the top of that. We get very cold winters here.

:cold:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
yuck to socks on my feet too. tank top and boxer briefs/shorts. Too hot otherwise. I got rid of all my flannel long pjs since the heat is always set on 70 in here and I literally roast. I offered to get mr Jon an electric blanket and he said no- I will get one for Christmas for him-so PM me ladies if you have a brand you like- If I could give him my body heat I would! Only when the temp gets down to 0 will I wear long pants to bed and rarely socks. I have to wear socks with my shoes but when get home off they come!

@Margret and we ALWAYS have to pet the cat in the middle of the night! I use two blankets=one for my legs-one for my arms when Honeybee cuddles on me...so if she roasts me I can kick the one on my legs off and keep my arms covered...
There are only two electric blanket manufacturers, but they make blankets under several different names each. We found we liked the features on the Sunbeams best. They come in several fabrics from fleece to ultra-plush. Right now I've seen them, dual-control, at Costco for a very good price. Walmart also carries them, as does Bed Bath & Beyond (always use a 20% coupon!) I also got a Sunbeam electric foot warmer. It's a short heated blanket that goes across the foot of the bed and keeps your toes toasty. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with a dual control, so we just slide it mostly to my side of the bed. I found it at Walmart. I use it year-round. I have perpetually cold feet.

Today's blankets are more carefully wired and the wires are more flexible. If you've got a cat who's a chewer or a sucker on blankets, you'll want to keep it covered, however. Today's blankets also have automatic shutoffs. The Sunbeam we got also has a preheat feature that runs on high for about 30 minutes and then goes to the temperature you set. That feels really good!

Costco has/had some wonderful sherpa-plush bigger-than-a-throw that's incredibly warm. It might even be blanket size. I got one that fits my side.

Sweet dreams!

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually wear an oversized t-shirt and boxers. And for those two days or so of what passes for winter around here, I wear one of my son's old college sweatshirts that he didn't want anymore, a pair of sweatpants, and fuzzy socks.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A tee shirt, leggings and socks. I hate having bare feet. :headshake:
I wear cotton long gowns in summer with socks. In winter I wear cotton flannel gowns with long sleeves and socks. I can't sleep without socks on my feet, winter or summer.
In the summer it's mens boxer shorts and a tank top with light cotton socks. In the winter I change out the shorts for jammie bottoms and wool socks. But, I have raynaud's so if my feet get cold, it gets painful real quick.
yes, yes, and yes!!!

in the summer months i usually wear boxer shorts, a cotton short sleeved shirt, and cotton socks to bed. during the deep winter months, it's sweatpants, sweatshirt (and sometimes also a long sleeved thermal top), and 70% Merrino wool socks.

in the fall and spring, what i sleep in falls somewhere in-between the two, or a combination like a long sleeved thermal top, boxer shorts, and either cotton or Merrino wool socks.