Question Of The Day, Friday, Oct 27

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:And happy last Friday of October!

Easy question this morning: What do you wear when you go to bed?

I usually wear an X-Large tee-shirt to bed and a pair of sleep shorts. Sometimes, on really, really cold nights, I've been known to throw on a pair of flannel PJs that have feet. If my feet are cold, I'll never warm up. (Thankfully the electric blanket is usually turned on before I ever go to bed, both sides on High.)

How about you?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oversized tee-shirt, the socks my cardiologist prescribed to help reduce swelling in my legs, sometimes a pair of polar fleece pants, and generally some kind of light sweater so my arms don't get cold when they come out from under the covers to pet Jasmine.

Margret

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wear cotton long gowns in summer with socks. In winter I wear cotton flannel gowns with long sleeves and socks. I can't sleep without socks on my feet, winter or summer.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually just a t-shirt or tank top and panties. I get very warm at night so pajama pants are out or I'd cook myself alive. Even at the end of October, in somewhat cold weather, we've been keeping the window open at night so I stay cool.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
yuck to socks on my feet too. tank top and boxer briefs/shorts. Too hot otherwise. I got rid of all my flannel long pjs since the heat is always set on 70 in here and I literally roast. I offered to get mr Jon an electric blanket and he said no- I will get one for Christmas for him-so PM me ladies if you have a brand you like- If I could give him my body heat I would! Only when the temp gets down to 0 will I wear long pants to bed and rarely socks. I have to wear socks with my shoes but when get home off they come!

Margret Margret and we ALWAYS have to pet the cat in the middle of the night! I use two blankets=one for my legs-one for my arms when Honeybee cuddles on me...so if she roasts me I can kick the one on my legs off and keep my arms covered...

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Long lounge pants, usually even in summer (if it gets really hot I'll put on shorts but I prefer not to) and a men's 2x size t-shirt. I don't like to feel constrained by my sleeping clothes. And I don't like skin touching skin anywhere, which is why I prefer the long pants, but longer shorts are OK, as long as my thighs don't touch.

And no socks! I can't sleep with anything on my feet. If it's really cold I'll put on some socks before bed but they're always off by morning.

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear pajamas, short sleeves in the summer and long sleeves in the winter. I've worn sleep socks in the winter sometimes when it's really cold. I have a programmable thermostat that turns the furnace down to 65F in the winter, but it sometimes gets colder in the bedroom because it's the farthest from the furnace. I don't use an electric blanket anymore after the last one lit up the bedroom several times during the night. The junction of the cord and the blanket was worn and sent out sparks. I didn't want to be fried in my own bed. :lol:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be very careful with electric blankets, my friends. I'm not much into making beds, and the electric blanket I had as a child developed small breaks in the wires running through the blanket as a result of always being rumpled. One night the blanket caught on fire from one of those broken wires (or, more likely, the broken insulation around the wire).

Margret

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the summer it's mens boxer shorts and a tank top with light cotton socks. In the winter I change out the shorts for jammie bottoms and wool socks. But, I have raynaud's so if my feet get cold, it gets painful real quick.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A knit nightie - long sleeved in the winter and short sleeved in the summer. I can't stand stuff tangled around my legs or socks on my feet. We've got a waterbed though, so I'm rarely cold.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A t-shirt (I rotate between three and they're all light grey) and boxers, both two sizes too big for me, but I can't stand clingy clothes when I'm sleeping. It doesn't matter if it's +30 or -30 - it's the only outfit I can comfortably sleep in. Go figure!