Question Of The Day, Friday, Oct 20

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :dazzler: I'm so ready for the weekend!

Easy question this morning: Do you make your bed when you get up in the morning?

It used to be that as soon as the cats were done with their breakfast, they zoomed back to the bedroom where they would dive onto the bed, give themselves a quick bath, and then flop down for their morning nap. I never got a chance to make the bed because cats were always in it...at least that was my story. :wink:

We started having a problem with Amber peeing in the bed. She had a UTI and is feeling much better, but since then, we keep the bedroom door shut all the time. And I've gotten back into the habit of making our bed now.

What about you?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to make my bed every day.. Just something not quite right about it being unmade.

It is part of my morning routine. It makes the bedroom look really nice when it is all together.. Of course, that means, some mornings, as in today, I will have to shoo Artie off the bed. Other days, he is my 'helper'. I swear, he knows it will be made every day..

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
No, I can't, Ozzy is always using the bed! :lol: Every morning, I carefully maneuver around him so as not to disturb his slumber when I get up, :zzzcat: and cover him up with a sheet. I'll go back later and make the bed whenever Ozzy has got up from his morning nap. What do you mean, he's spoiled?! :eek2: :D

IMG_2508.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, I make the bed every day. As others have said, it's part of my morning routine. However, I have to admit there are days when Carleton is sprawled out on top of the covers that it doesn't get made until much later. I once heard a female comedian say it's silly to make the bed every day. She said, "what do you think will happen if the bed isn't made, are the bedroom police going to come and arrest you?" :wink:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:flail:
So, that's a no.
But to be fair, Tom is usually asleep when I leave for work.
And to be fairer, by the time I go to bed, he's usually straightened it out.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely. I seem to be anal about some things. Dishes, garbage, clutter and the bed. If I notice a wrinkle in the blanket, I have to straighten it out. The cats run through the house, jump on my bed and wrinkle the blanket, I have to take care of it or I go nuts.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope :lol: I kind of like the un-keptness, it feels cozy to me. Can just get up then throw myself back in without concern or worry after a long day. I can be fussy about a lot of other things; I keep the bed completely stress free and a source of peace instead of fussing about details. Some mornings I have to get up at 5 am on a tight time slot, so wouldn't feel I'd have time to do much if I also want to have breakfast, feed the animals, relax briefly and get ready.

I do do the bed properly when I change the sheets and pillows though, which is done every two days. And I have to admit it is nice too snuggling into a freshly clean made bed. So I like both sides to it.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once heard a female comedian say it's silly to make the bed every day. She said, "what do you think will happen if the bed isn't made, are the bedroom police going to come and arrest you?" :wink:
No. The bed only gets made when I change the sheets or if I expect company that will be going upstairs.
:yeah:

Only when I change the sheets
I agree with all of the above; it's always seemed to me that there are only three reasons to make a bed:
  1. So it looks tidy for company.
  2. To avoid the discomfort of sleeping on wrinkled sheets.
  3. To find your cell phone or book that you've somehow lost in the blankets.
But we don't have much company; I use microfiber sheets which are soft and comfortable at all times; and all it usually takes is shaking out a blanket or two. And making our bed is extremely awkward for a single person. Roger doesn't even sleep in his half any longer, being more comfortable sleeping on 2 inch foam on the floor, so he has no blankets or upper sheet, and the bed is in a California King sized waterbed frame. My half is waterbed and Roger's half is memory foam.

And the bedroom police may exist, but only in our heads. They were installed in early childhood by our mothers.

Margret

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only make the bed when I change the sheets. I am anal about most things around the house but not that. I can't go to bed with even a single dish or cup dirty, I keep the trash taken out, keep things picked up and straight every other way but I don't make the bed.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kind of - I pull the covers up but I don't smooth them all out or put the throw pillows on the bed. Our bedroom is the furthest away upstairs so no one sees it but us.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have good intentions, and try to make the bed as part of my morning routine. But sometimes the days start off a little crazier than usual and I get distracted, and... Oooh, look! A squirrel! :lol:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless there is a kitty using the bed (I'm talking about you, Seal,:thumbsup:) :zzzcat: I straighten out the covers so the bed is covered by the comforter. Since it is a heated water bed, it saves a little on the power bill to keep the the waterbed mattress insulated. Keeps the bedroom cooler in the summer, too! :cold::angryfire:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh yes. I make the bed. I convince myself the house is presentable if the bathrooms are clean, the bed is made, and there are no dishes in the sink.
Me too. House has to be vacuumed, bathroom cleaned, bed made and dishes done before I'm allowed to have a shower and get dressed. I actually strip the sheets of the bed, vacuum the mattress and then make the bed most mornings.

:paperbag:

Absolutely. I seem to be anal about some things. Dishes, garbage, clutter and the bed. If I notice a wrinkle in the blanket, I have to straighten it out. The cats run through the house, jump on my bed and wrinkle the blanket, I have to take care of it or I go nuts.
You too, huh? I spend way too long smoothing out wrinkles and lining up objects that don't need to be lined up. I'm not as bad as my grandma used to be though. She used to iron her tea towels and everything.

:lol:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, not in the 'traditional' way. i like to fold my blankets neatly back when i get up out of bed, so that when i get back into bed (aka, about ready to 'keel over and pass out') i can just get into bed and easily pull the blankets up over me.