question of the day friday november 4th

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
who are your favorite bands to listen to?

i like :
disturbed
device
metallica
motley crue
five finger death punch
cream
black sabbath
ozzy
pink floyd

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I'm a serious throw-back. I like
Cream
Vanilla Fudge
Iron Butterfly
Blood, Sweat and Tears...
Basically, anything from the mid-to-late 60s into the early-mid 70s.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Another throwback here:

I have a medley of songs on my iPod that I listen to when I'm walking or cleaning or baking. Deep Purple, Aerosmith, the Doors, Dire Straits, Bowie, the groups from the late 60s into the 80s.

Smoke on the Water will always and forever be one of my absolute favorite songs.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love Motown - The Supremes, The Temptations, The Four Tops, The Stylistics, The Spinners, Smokey Robinson
Not Motown -- Stevie Wonder, Arethat Franklin, The Beach Boys, The Four Seasons, Stevie Nicks, Pat Benatar, Debra Harry, Bruno Mars, Train, Walk the Moon, Adele

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mainly like singular artists, but I do like a few bands. The ones I've been into lately are:
AJR
She & Him
ELO
Diamond Rio
Postmodern Jukebox
Queen
The Beach Boys

These are bands that I enjoy because they remind me of my teen and college years:
Bowling for Soup
Green Day
OK Go
Jimmy Eat World
Simple Plan

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a certified (and, some would argue, certifiable) geezer, my favorite would be the Moody Blues, followed in no particular order, by:
The Guess Who
CCR
Boston
Styx
The Zombies
(Early) Rolling Stones- their later stuff sucked
The Mamas and the Papas
The Drifters
Santana
Chicago
Crosby, Stills, and Nash

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I bounce around all over the place like a superball, don’t want to miss anything, tho struggle w/ Country Western. I am curious as to HOW you all listen: records, mixed tape, computers, vinyl? Music seems such an individual thing these days, but I am headed towards Geezer Dom so, perhaps don’t see how music effects GROUPS of youngsters these days, or even what new genres there are. A shoutout to the late, great Pete Shelley.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH GOOD GRIEF! I forgot to mention Pentatonix, mostly because they are not a "band," they are one of the finest a cappella singing groups that I have ever heard!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We also listen to mostly Contemporary Christian with any of the styles that fall under that. Lately our favorites are TobyMac and Charity Gayle. Bryan & Katie Torwalt and so many others from Bethel/Jesus Culture. William McDowell, We The Kingdom, MercyMe, Crystal Lewis, Jaci Velasquez, Anointed.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Love Styx. And you're right about the later Stone stuff!
I have a bit of CCR on my iPod. Heard it Through the Grapevine, Who'll Stop the Rain, Fortunate Son, Down on the Corner, etc.
Yeah, back when I was wearing the suit for Uncle Sam, the most popular among us were Run Through the Jungle and Up Around the Bend, although We've Got to Get Out of This Place by the Animals was big, also.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kina Grannis
Savage Garden
Backstreet Boys
Spice Girls
*NYSNC
98°
S Club 7

I like a lot of late 90s/early 2000s pop. I also enjoy a lot of older music. It's more modern stuff, minus my girk Kina, that I can't get into most of the time.