Question of the Day, Friday, November 15

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :yess:

What is your favorite pie? Is it a baked fruit pie or do you like a cream pie with fluffy meringue or whipped cream? How about a custard pie, like pumpkin? If you were having pie for dessert, what kind of pie would it be?

For Rick and my son, it would probably be a peanut butter pie. I dearly love a really good lemon meringue pie. Second choice would be apple pie. Followed by a creamy chocolate pie with mounds of freshly whipped cream and decorated with shaved chocolate.

What about you?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite is key lime, with coconut cream a close second. After that would be pumpkin.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a restaurant chain called O'Charley's. They make a caramel pie that is so rich I can only eat about 1/3 of a slice at a time. Boy, is it good! :yummy:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love sharp fruit so its Apple and Blackcurrent pie for me with a healthy dollop of clotted cream.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Too close to call, as I love apple pie and lemon meringue pie equally, but that's if they're both home made. Store bought, then apple would probably win, as the lemon in store bought pies isn't always good.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is is a pineapple pie that I make. Easy and delicious. I make the crust using gluten free graham cracker crumbs. There are not that many pies I can eat, so I enjoy this one.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a big pie or dessert fan but I do like the Key Lime pie from Publix. It's so good frozen. Other than that, I prefer savory pies like pot pies. The apple pies at McD's used to be good until they tried to make them healthy and ruined them.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a truck stop restaurant in Chamberlain (on the interstate on the way to the Black Hills) that everyone stops at when they're traveling through the state. They specialize in pie. They have a lemon cream pie that is THE best thing I've ever tasted. It has whipped cream on it instead of merengue, which is great because I love lemon flavor but I don't like merengue. I'm sure their other pies are good too, but I always get the lemon cream. I should try to make my own, see how it turns out.

For when I'm not traveling, I like good apple pies (not too much crust, good spicy filling) and pumpkin pies. I actually prefer sweet potato pies to pumpkin, but they taste mostly the same so it's not a huge difference; sweet potatoes just have a deeper flavor and slightly smoother texture.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I love strawberry rhubarb pie, and lately I've been hankering for shoofly pie.
I have heard of shoofly pie, but had no idea what it was--looks like the flavor is mostly molasses?

I'm not big on pies. Pretty much the only kind I eat is pumpkin. I made this combo apple/pumpkin pie since I had some apples to use up, and it was really good.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a truck stop restaurant in Chamberlain (on the interstate on the way to the Black Hills) that everyone stops at when they're traveling through the state. They specialize in pie. They have a lemon cream pie that is THE best thing I've ever tasted. It has whipped cream on it instead of merengue, which is great because I love lemon flavor but I don't like merengue. I'm sure their other pies are good too, but I always get the lemon cream. I should try to make my own, see how it turns out.

For when I'm not traveling, I like good apple pies (not too much crust, good spicy filling) and pumpkin pies. I actually prefer sweet potato pies to pumpkin, but they taste mostly the same so it's not a huge difference; sweet potatoes just have a deeper flavor and slightly smoother texture.
Now that lemon pie sounds good. It's probably similar to Key Lime pie. I'm with you. I hate meringue.

It's probably not hard to make. Make a lemon meringue and substitute fresh whipped cream for the meringue.

Mom didn't serve pie when I was a kid which is probably why I'm not a fan. I think dad didn't like it and what he liked was the driving force of what landed on the table. I think she may have served pumpkin pie once or twice because someone coming to dinner liked it and it was the frozen Mrs. Smiths pie which is awful IMO or at least it was back in the day. I think I took one bite of it to see what the hype was about and never touched it again.

I saw this on MSN yesterday. It sounds intriguing. I love pecans.

When I Bring This Pie to Thanksgiving, People Always Go For Seconds

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like any pie that doesn't have raisins in it. Which is my favorite kind of depends on what I want the most at the time. It's between apple, pumpkin and pecan.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bumbleberry. I had it when I visited Pensylvania with family once. I've never been a pie person but boy that was the best thing I ever tasted.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a huge pie person, but if I have some I usually go for any cream-based ones. I don't like bananas, but I do like banana cream pie, but I love coconut and anything chocolate so those are good choices too.