Question of the Day, Friday, November 13

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My table is oak. There is a fall tablecloth and placemats. The rest is junk. I try hard not to pile up stuff there. We come into the house through a garage door that opens into a little vestibule. Just to the right is a doorway to go on inside the house into the dining room. My table sits right there. It catches everything, mail, groceries, clothes that need mending because it is right next to the vestibule I was just talking about. If you take a left instead of a right, the steps go upstairs where my sewing machine is. I guess because it is in the center part of the house, it is on the way to everywhere. :lol3:

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is all that's usually on my table, there are a couple of bills there I need to pay on line tomorrow, & some poppy seeds I need to plant. It's just Angel & I, so I don't eat at the end able either. I eat at my coffee table in front of the TV. angel is good, he doesn't jump up on counters or the table, so I'm lucky there. ;)

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea, it worked. First time I posted a pict from my phone. Except the weird put the end of the last sentence at the bottom thing. (?)

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I have a fall table cloth on my table. It is decorated with pumpkins. I have a marble lazy susan in the center covered with a round dark rust colored placemat. On top of that is a Yankee Candle Scarecrow candle holder. The candle is Autumn Wreath. I have another candle of Pumpkin Spice next to it. 
I do have my bills and a small notebook and pen on one side. I really do my business at the table. 

The table cloth is plastic. Yes, plastic. I used plastic for many years when my dad was alive. I have many different ones. When I took Artie home, he made it a point to constantly be on the table. I was using plastic because he was putting holes in the table cloths when I shooed him down. It was easier to throw away plastic rather than good linen ones. Also I do not iron...Ha Ha...

It is also much easier to wipe down the tablecloth before using. 

Now that Artie has calmed down, I have been using a lot of linen tablecloths. I change them out; however, every once in a while I find litter on the table. Wonder where that came from?????

Before I got a cat, I always had either fresh flowers or a nice flower arrangement or some type of decorations in the center to the table, on the lazy susan. Now I cannot have any. I know someone will be after them. It is not worth me having to worry about them getting broken and picking up the mess because someone knocked them down; or ate them. 
What's a lazy susan ?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Stew ball:

A Lazy Susan is just a turntable....

It is placed on the table and spins around for people to take condiments or just to exhibit stuff---it is a round shelf on a rotator base

hope this helps

Last edited:

kellie roberts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since we live in an RV & space is at a premium around here, I have a 22" computer monitor, keyboard, mouse, 2 cellphones laying on the table or in the window crevice (because the electrical outlet charging them is beneath the table) and at least one, if not both, cats with their nose to the screen at all times

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh. I have a painting of Lake Tahoe that I need to hang in my office. I have a painting of a lion, a painting of a tiger. Both of which are beautiful and so I bought them. I now realize that as nice as they are they don't 'go' and so I need to put them in my car and sell them thru consignment.My husbands favorite fishing shirt is thrown on the table.A pile of books and a large vase of flowers. There is also a hammer on the table. Not sure why. The problem is the dining room is in the center of the house. Everyone passes by it on the way in and out.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I have a fall table cloth on my table. It is decorated with pumpkins. I have a marble lazy susan in the center covered with a round dark rust colored placemat. On top of that is a Yankee Candle Scarecrow candle holder. The candle is Autumn Wreath. I have another candle of Pumpkin Spice next to it. 
I do have my bills and a small notebook and pen on one side. I really do my business at the table. 

The table cloth is plastic. Yes, plastic. I used plastic for many years when my dad was alive. I have many different ones. When I took Artie home, he made it a point to constantly be on the table. I was using plastic because he was putting holes in the table cloths when I shooed him down. It was easier to throw away plastic rather than good linen ones. Also I do not iron...Ha Ha...

It is also much easier to wipe down the tablecloth before using. 

Now that Artie has calmed down, I have been using a lot of linen tablecloths. I change them out; however, every once in a while I find litter on the table. Wonder where that came from?????
Before I got a cat, I always had either fresh flowers or a nice flower arrangement or some type of decorations in the center to the table, on the lazy susan. Now I cannot have any. I know someone will be after them. It is not worth me having to worry about them getting broken and picking up the mess because someone knocked them down; or ate them. 
How is Artie?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stew ball:

A Lazy Susan is just a turntable....

It is placed on the table and spins around for people to take condiments or just to exhibit stuff---it is a round shelf on a rotator base

hope this helps
Yes it did. Thank you.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually my dining room table is quite clear. Just the tray I use to eat in front of the TV.
The table across from the front door is the one used for dumping stuff and it has everything bar the kitchen sink.