Question Of The Day, Friday, May 5

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good afternoon! :wave3: And Happy Friday! :dance:

Rick and I went down to the Green Dragon ( Green Dragon Market & Auction, Ephrata PA in Lancaster County ) this morning with friends and we just got back. We didn't buy much, but we had a nice time. On the way back, we stopped at Shady Maple ( Shady Maple Smorgasbord | Authentic Pennsylvania Dutch Cooking | Lancaster County PA - Shady Maple ) for Rick's birthday lunch. We went, we ate, we came home. It poured rain the entire trip down there and driving was nasty. But we kept going and, on the way back home, we barely had any rain at all.

On to today's question: When is the last time you went some place, just because you wanted to go? It could be to the store or out to dinner. Whenever and wherever.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably CatCamp in March. We dragged ourselves into NYC for the day. It was interesting, and I got to see some cat loving superstars but more trouble than it was worth. I'll stick to New Jersey based cat events from now on.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Last year the Marc Jacobs store in Chicago was offering a free manicure with reservation. My oldest daughter and I planned to get dressed up and go but it was pouring out. She said the weather put a definite damper on her mood but I persuaded her to go. We had a wonderful mother/daughter experience and by the time we were done with the manicure the rain stopped, we went out to lunch and had a great time. :)

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last Friday - I went to meet my new kittens for the first time :cloud9: They were just 7 weeks old :lovecat3::lovecat::cutecat::kneading:

(before anyone starts the 'adopt don't shop' debate, in the UK you can't adopt as indoor only owners :hmmm: They make it difficult if you already own a cat or cats too :frustrated:A responsible, ethical breeder was my best option in these circumstances)

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I remember Shady Maple! I used to stop there on the way back from reenactments in that area.

Tonight, I stopped in Sam's Club--to get a hot dog for dinner. I don't normally eat hot dogs, but theirs are very good, and you get a large dog and large drink for $1.59, including tax. Since I've been so sick, I've had a craving for them--I stopped in twice in one week! The raw onions seemed to help my bronchitis coughing. They are supposed to help thin mucus, so maybe it does work. Yeah, that really makes you want to go get one, now doesn't it?!?! :lol:

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I go places I want to go all the time, its part of my mental health routine. Last week it was to a large industrial scrap yard to investigate what new stuff they got in and buy some scrap steel for a fun shop project (weird, I know.) The week before it was to a pretty waterfall that I wanted to see for no particular reason. I brought our Bengal Makena along on that trip and he had a blast exploring around the water with me.

My all time favorite it to simply go as the day takes me. Usually this involves climbing on the motorbike, picking a direction and using the GPS to avoid places with traffic or people. Have lunch somewhere out of the way, stop at anything that interests me, investigate little used roads. And never look at what time it is. This sometimes finds me a few hundred miles from home searching for a cheap motel. I have met some interesting people and seen some interesting things this way.

Having an understanding wife is helpful. If I seem a bit off she sometimes suggests that I go get lost for for a day or so to clear my head.
Nowhere is the best destination of all.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that would be the last time i went blueberry picking, almost 3 years ago. it's not far from where i live, but far enough that i drive the lawn tractor. i like to go pick blueberries starting in the early morning, and finish before it gets overly hot. it's so quiet and peaceful there. :cloud9:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Does going out to pick up bagels at 6:30 yesterday morning because I wanted one count? :lol:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Being retired and with gasoline (relatively) cheap at $2.15 or less, we tend to take off whenever and wherever the impulse strikes. Right now we're pondering driving about 200 miles tomorrow up to a Renaissance Fair as a day trip. Garage sales, used book stores, and The Container Store can all generate spontaneous visits or stops.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD graduated today!!!! :hyper:That took up the majority of our day. There were almost 1,000 students at today's ceremony. It was the last of 6 ceremonies over the course of 3 days.

Happy belated birthday to Rick!! :wave3::bday:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last week I indulged in a quick little detour while running some errands. I stopped by a convenience store by the lake, bought a cherry Coke and a pepperoni pizza hot dog, and just watched the boats pass by for awhile. Sometimes just having a few moments to myself in a peaceful setting is like a mini-vacation. :)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that would be the last time i went blueberry picking, almost 3 years ago. it's not far from where i live, but far enough that i drive the lawn tractor. i like to go pick blueberries starting in the early morning, and finish before it gets overly hot. it's so quiet and peaceful there. :cloud9:
My brother and I would go blueberry and blackberry picking when we were kids in the woods next to our house. My grandmother would make pie and cobbler out of them. They were so good.

Muffy

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Last Wednesday, I took a detour from running errands and treated myself to a frozen yogurt. :yummy:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother and I would go blueberry and blackberry picking when we were kids in the woods next to our house. My grandmother would make pie and cobbler out of them. They were so good.

Muffy
that's a lovely memory!! :D

when i was a kid, i used to pick black caps (what we called them, and i think they were black raspberries) from our next door neighbor's bush -- they allowed us to pick them. :yummy:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We drive to and spend the night in Salina KS twice a year, my husband lived there when he was a child, so a lot of reminiscing. But it's nice to get away and have the variety of shopping and restaurants that a bigger city can offer!