Question Of The Day, Friday, May 26

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:And Happy Friday! :banana1:

Easy questions this morning: How many cats do you have right now? What is the largest number of cats you've had in your house?

We are at five cats in the house: Ms. Pepe, Amber Louise, Mollipop, Tabby, and Muffin (Since we lost BooBoo last fall, we have no males for the first time in well over 30 years; it seems weird to talk only about "the girls".)

The largest number of cats we've had is eight.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I have 22 right now. It was 23 up until last year when Gin kun disappeared. I think the most I ever had in the house was about 25. That was a few years ago when there was a very bad blizzard and I shut a few of the semi-feral outdoor cats in the kitchen to keep them safe.

We had 7 cats at one time when I was a kid. It seemed a lot at the time, but now I think that's hardly any.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I have 5 ferals that I care for. The largest amount of cats I've had inside was 8 that I adopted from my feral colony I had at the time. Back then I had 22 in my colony. Muffy, the last of my inside cats passed away on New Years Eve at the age of 17. I would love to get some red boys but I'm just not able to care for anymore inside cats with the vet visits and the kitty litter.

Muffy

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We only have one cat now, our dear Carleton. :creampersian: The most we have had at one time is four.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I have 22 right now. It was 23 up until last year when Gin kun disappeared. I think the most I ever had in the house was about 25. That was a few years ago when there was a very bad blizzard and I shut a few of the semi-feral outdoor cats in the kitchen to keep them safe.

We had 7 cats at one time when I was a kid. It seemed a lot at the time, but now I think that's hardly any.
Seven seems like a lot to me! :lol: That's the most we've had in the house. Now we have four, two boys and two girls.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have 2 and that's the most I've had. He might have had more but pretty sure not. We could handle a third at most but 2 is a good mix for us.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have two which is the most I have had at least as true pets. I grew up on a farm and we had a number of outdoor cats. Some of them were friendly, probably cats that were dumped which is why they weren't ferals. They pretty much took care of themselves though.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3. Miagi, Tiger & Angel. I had to let Miagi & Tiger go when it was their time.. it's still weird not having 3 cats following me around. It always will be because it was what was the normal for us. All 3 cats in my bed. How I miss that. Angel loves sleeping right next to me like Tiger did. Miagi was always at my feet. :cloud9:

I just have Angel now (can only have her at my place) and my parents have their new boy they adopted in January. I introduced him here but they decided on Rufus (he's super needy so it fits) for his name instead of Fluffy Britches. :)