Question of the Day, Friday, May 22

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3:

One of the things I really miss due to us Sheltering is breakfast. I think I'd rather go out to breakfast than dinner most of the time. A good omelet, some home fries, a big, tall glass of OJ and life is good. Oh, and toast. I love a thick slice of buttered sourdough toast. We've been trying to have breakfast at home once a week with eggs, potatoes, sausage or bacon, etc. But I really miss the Cracker Barrel breakfasts. We also used to go to Perkins every so often.

Do you like breakfast? Do you like going out for breakfast? What's your favorite breakfast? Do you make breakfast at home?

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because I hate cooking, my standard breakfast is cereal, Pop-Tarts, and yogurt. I do love going out for breakfast, though. I love eggs, bacon, and pancakes. Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite restaurants in Morgantown, and while I like a lot of their food, I'll sometimes get one of their breakfasts instead of lunch or dinner.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also hate cooking so its a piece of toast for me. I dont think I've ever gone out for breakfast apart when on holiday.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE a full breakfast (Denny's Grand Slam, etc.). But normally I just have a breakfast bar and an apple, because even if I got up early to make a good breakfast, I can't eat within a couple hours of waking up so I wouldn't be able to get that in before work anyway.

And there are no restaurants close enough to go to for breakfast anyway. Although when I'm on a family vacation in a more populated area, we usually end up at Denny's every morning.

If I'm at an all-day-breakfast restaurant, I'll get a full breakfast for lunch or dinner.

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I love going out for breakfast, too. We go with another couple once or twice a month for brunch. There are several good places to eat around here with beautiful ocean views. Nothing like a veggie omelette with some country potatoes and sourdough toast, washed down with a tasty mimosa. 🍾 :yummy:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’m not a morning person but I love a good Brinner! DH wants to do that this weekend. I like cubed hash browns, pancakes with maple syrup or butterscotch chips, cut up melons, eggs either scrambled or sunny side up bacon or sausage. Occasionally sausage gravy over biscuits. 🤤

Sometimes I’ll order breakfast at a place that serves it all day. Sometimes we make it at home for dinner. I’m on a scrambled egg with salsa kick. A good veggie omlet sounds good right now too. I can almost smell bacon. 😩

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love going out for breakfast! Just do not do it often enough.... I usually get an omelette: mushroom or veggie with CHEESE!!! Homefries, sausage; or Pancakes with bacon/sausage, real maple syrup. There is something about real maple syrup with bacon or breakfast sausages... the sweet, salty and bitter--yum!

Of add the above coffee-- a couple of cups, orange juice... and perhaps the fruit....

Yummy!!!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm with MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles 100%. I am not a morning person and would never, ever get up early go out for breakfast in the morning. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I went out for breakfast at a "normal" breakfast time. It's been well over a decade and was NOT my idea. Probably 2005 when we went to the keys. Breakfast to me is coffee. The elixir of life.

I do like breakfast food at other times of the day though. I love hitting Waffle House late at night for eggs over easy, hash browns smothered, covered and peppered with crispy bacon and toast.

We have an IHOP which is not a very good one and a Cracker Barrel which is also just meh. Our Waffle House which would be my go-to closed years ago. I want to try Wendy's breakfast but during the week I am at work while they are serving and the weekend? Nope. Not getting up early for fast food. Maybe someday. Likely not though. In the battle of sleep vs food sleep always wins. :woo:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't often go out for breakfast, but when we do, I usually get a ham and cheese omelet with rye toast, or biscuits and sausage gravy. 99% of the time, however, my breakfast is a bowl of Raisin Bran and a cup of tea.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't eat breakfast...I just can't, I'm not hungry in the morning. I love breakfast food though, so we will have breakfast for dinner sometimes. Bacon, sausage, home fries, toast and eggs.
As for going out for breakfast, not really a fan, because I'm just not hungry. I do enjoy a going for a brunch though. We don't go out for brunch except for my Dad's b-day or fathers day (breakfast is his favorite) and sometimes for mother's day.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To me going out to eat is a waste of money so I don't do it unless someone else is paying or it's a buffet, but I rarely go to those anymore either after I saw someone's kid eating out of the mashed potatoes with his hand and realized that probably happens a lot.

My normal breakfast is either cereal, oatmeal, or a strawberry smoothie.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually just eat half a bagel, but I love all the above breakfast foods. I sometimes have them for dinner. My kids loved a "breakfast dinner," too.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast is not my favorite thing...much rather have my coffee:)However,I would never turn down a good bagel with lox and cream cheese (with capers and sliced tomato of course!) either.There was a wonderful place...call it a hole in the wall if you will...called Aunt Martha's in Springfield.Had been in business forever,run by her and her daughter.It was quite the place,and my favorite that she had was absolutely the best blintzes I have ever had with a side of the most wonderful crispy corned beef hash.Oh my!But….Martha passed away,daughter sold out and it's now an empty lot.So sad!Can I make a copy of that meal?Yep,and it's not too shabby either,but still.....

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My morning meal is usually coffee, Greek yogurt, and fruit, but I do love breakfast food. I tend to go for the sweet stuff if I'm out - red velvet french to3, cinnamon rolls... Ooh, my mom would make breakfasts on Saturdays growing up, and monkey bread was always a favorite.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
As a diabetic I can’t handle many carbs in the morning and have been tired of eggs and bacon without toast for a long time. So breakfast every day is half a nutrigrain bar.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love breakfast foods, but I rarely make them at home. I usually eat yogurt and a granola bar or Larabar for breakfast. If I'm at a restaurant that serves breakfast all day (Perkin's, Baker's Square, etc), I will more than likely order it, but I rarely go out to eat in the morning. My favorites are pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and omelets. The Original Pancake House makes amazing omelet souffles that I order anytime I'm there.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think I'd rather go out to breakfast than dinner most of the time.
I completely agree! :agree:

I love breakfast and have to eat it every day. I make oatmeal with fresh blueberries every morning at home followed by a heaping mug of coffee. I look forward to going out to diners for brunch and try to order something I wouldn't make at home.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't really eat breakfast. I usually just have coffee and then eat toast or a sandwich sometime in the afternoon.

The only time I ever went out for breakfast is when some friends persuaded me to go on a long hike at dawn and we stopped at an all day breakfast cafe around 10 am, after hiking for about five hours. I could definitely manage solid food that morning!