Question Of The Day, Friday, March 8

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now that I've had some more time to think about this question, I need to modify my answer. First I'd crumble a thick, fudgey chocolate brownie on top, and THEN I'd add TJ's caramel sauce. And the vanilla ice cream would need to be a super high quality brand with a rich vanilla bean flavor.

Or I might bag the ice cream and the brownie and eat the caramel sauce from the jar, because that's how good that stuff is! :D
I might have to make the 120 mile (round trip) trek to a TJ's to browse the aisles. I've never even seen one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am SOOOOOOO hungry for ice cream!

Kat0121 Kat0121 I'd kill for a TJ's to open around here. Our closest one is 60 miles away. That doesn't us from going there, just not as often as we would there was one closer. Go. You won't regret it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to change mine after reading the posts. I want hot fudge, whipped cream, caramel sauce, and walnuts. I am so hungry for ice cream now and it's only 6:30am!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
as long as it's a good vanilla ice cream -- 'churned' style, and rich enough -- i'm quite happy to eat it plain. but i might add some crushed maraschino cherries on it, or if i felt in the mood for more 'decadent' i'd make some warm/hot carob sauce and put that over the vanilla ice cream with some finely chopped peanuts topping. :D

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just don't anyone dare to put toppings on my ice cream that make it crunchy. I love any ice cream as long as it is soft, creamy, rich, etc., but no crunch.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to Ulta this morning to get some serum that I had ran out of and Trader Joe's is on the way there. I stopped and got some of the caramel sauce to try. Of course since I was there I also picked up two packages of the Mandarin Orange Chicken, that meant I also needed spring rolls so I got those too. One thing always leads to another when I go to Trader Joe's.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the added bits to ice cream! Stuff like cake bits, frosting, pie crust pieces, peanut butter. The more the better. No chocolate though!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After reading all of these replies my friend and I stopped and got a hot fudge Sundae yesterday. It was so good.
Sounds yummy!

I LOVE Culver's custard "sundaes" (the kind I get has just one topping, which isn't really a sundae, is it?), I always get strawberries on top. I prefer their custard plain, so I can appreciate the creaminess of it, but the strawberry topping doesn't disrupt the creaminess like mix-ins do. So good!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a place right down the road called Sub Zero. You design your ice cream flavor in any combination you want, and they have dozens of offerings, (all kinds of mix-ins, but they cost extra) and they make it right in front of you with liquid nitrogen. Then you choose toppings from a huge list. You could go there every day of your life and never duplicate your choice.

Home - Sub Zero Nitrogen Ice Cream

Unfortunately, they're closed right now. Woe is me!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds yummy!

I LOVE Culver's custard "sundaes" (the kind I get has just one topping, which isn't really a sundae, is it?), I always get strawberries on top. I prefer their custard plain, so I can appreciate the creaminess of it, but the strawberry topping doesn't disrupt the creaminess like mix-ins do. So good!
We have Rita's and Abbott's for custard here and they are both really good. Rita's has Italian ices that are yummy. I like to get the gelati wih mango ice and vanilla custard. Rita's Italian Ice | Ice Custard Happiness

When I'm just getting custard I like to just add gummi bears. They are so good together.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a place right down the road called Sub Zero. You design your ice cream flavor in any combination you want, and they have dozens of offerings, (all kinds of mix-ins, but they cost extra) and they make it right in front of you with liquid nitrogen. Then you choose toppings from a huge list. You could go there every day of your life and never duplicate your choice.

Home - Sub Zero Nitrogen Ice Cream

Unfortunately, they're closed right now. Woe is me!
We have one as well, soooo good!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I really like Rita's; the custard has a great taste and it's creamy. Sometimes I'll go just for a cup of vanilla custard with no toppings!

The best gelati I've ever had was at Pepe's, an ice cream place in the town my brother and SIL live in. Shhhhh, don't tell them, but sometimes, just sometimes, I go to Pepe's, but don't stop in to visit my brother. :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag: A large lemon gelati with their vanilla custard is simply divine.

You know, we even went for groceries last night and bought no ice cream! :sigh:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really like Rita's; the custard has a great taste and it's creamy. Sometimes I'll go just for a cup of vanilla custard with no toppings!

The best gelati I've ever had was at Pepe's, an ice cream place in the town my brother and SIL live in. Shhhhh, don't tell them, but sometimes, just sometimes, I go to Pepe's, but don't stop in to visit my brother. :paperbag::paperbag::paperbag: A large lemon gelati with their vanilla custard is simply divine.

You know, we even went for groceries last night and bought no ice cream! :sigh:
I've gotten just the vanilla custard from Abbott's. It was so good. They were out of gummi bears. :frown: