Question of the Day, Friday, March 31

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning!  
 Happy Friday!
 And Happy Last Day of March! I am ready for April!

Who would you most like to cook you a meal? (doesn't have to be a "celebrity chef"; it could be your mom or your SO)

I love to cook and bake. But I think I would like to have Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa cook one meal for me, from appetizer to dessert. And I would love to be able to watch her completely and ask questions while she's cooking. No doubt, it would make her crazy, having me ask her all kinds of questions. But I would find it fascinating.

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very lucky, my partner is the cook at my place so I have someone cooking for me most of the time. 

There used to be a cooking show here called The Cook and the Chef with Maggie Beer and Simon Bryant. They cooked some amazing vegetarian food. Nigella Lawson would come a close second. 

Last edited:

jennifurr

To err is human, to purr is feline
Young Cat
Purraise
My mom is a great cook, as well as my stepdad and in-laws. I especially love my mom's cooking because it tastes so good. I also have an aunt who is in the catering business, so I can most definitely see her making desserts. My husband is good at cooking some pasta, as well.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooo so many!

Tom Colicchio jumps to mind. I've eaten in several of his restaurants over the years and I always enjoy his take on food. 

Or maybe Bobby Flay because if lucky, he'd bring Nacho cat with him 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm very lucky, my partner is the cook at my place so I have someone cooking for me most of the time. 

There used to be a cooking show here called The Cook and the Chef with Maggie Beer and Simon Bryant. They cooked some amazing vegetarian food. Nigella Lawson would come a close second. 
I bet Nigela would be lovely to spend time with too.

Good morning!  
 Happy Friday!
 And Happy Last Day of March! I am ready for April!

Who would you most like to cook you a meal? (doesn't have to be a "celebrity chef"; it could be your mom or your SO)

I love to cook and bake. But I think I would like to have Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa cook one meal for me, from appetizer to dessert. And I would love to be able to watch her completely and ask questions while she's cooking. No doubt, it would make her crazy, having me ask her all kinds of questions. But I would find it fascinating.
Same with Ina.  She's so warm and welcoming.  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's a toss-up between my former brother-in-law or my sister's current partner - they're both professional chefs. :lol3:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can Julia Child come back and make me some French food starting with French onion soup? 

No? I'll take a meal from Ina Garten any day as well. I would sit, drink wine and ask nonstop questions while she cooked. 

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Ina Garten as well.  If I had a choice though it would be Bobby Flay.  I know he is one of those very arrogant celebrity chefs, I think it is funny to watch him in a competition.  You can tell he thinks it is oh so important and it's like rocket science.  My favorite regional U.S. food is the Southwest and that is what he is known for.  He does go heavy on the spice and heat so it would have to be lunch.  I can no longer eat a heavy, spicy meal close to bedtime.  

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I like Ina Garten as well.  If I had a choice though it would be Bobby Flay.  I know he is one of those very arrogant celebrity chefs, I think it is funny to watch him in a competition.  You can tell he thinks it is oh so important and it's like rocket science.  My favorite regional U.S. food is the Southwest and that is what he is known for.  He does go heavy on the spice and heat so it would have to be lunch.  I can no longer eat a heavy, spicy meal close to bedtime.  
I like Bobby too. Ina is my favorite though. I also like Michael Symon and Mario Batali. Any of them could cook for me. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
My mom.  She was a gifted cook.  What I would give to have her chicken kiev one more time!   She also made a white cake from scratch that was so delicious I could eat it until I got sick.  Compared to it, eating white cakes from mixes is like eating old shoes.  I could list many more examples but I am stuck in happy memories thinking about that cake.  I really wish that I had not lost the recipe. 

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I saw Nacho with him on the show, Sunday Morning.  He is a gorgeous cat! 
I know!

The breeder of both him and Taco (his older brother, that Bobby's ex wife got custody of) are from the same breeder in South NJ. I have it bookmarked "just in case" we ever break down and decide to get a purebred one day. Their Maine Coons are pretty spectacular.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I like Bobby too. Ina is my favorite though. I also like Michael Symon and Mario Batali. Any of them could cook for me. 
I've been a Mario fan for decades.

He went to the same college as I did and when he opened his first restaurant in NYC "Po" (so teeny tiny!) my brother and I used to go there a lot.  He was always in the kitchen, always said hello and was happy to have people come visit him while he cooked.  Quite friendly and the food was amazing and not expensive back then either.  

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There really isn't any famous celebrity chef I feel that strongly about so I would have to answer my husband's cousin.  She passed away 3 yrs. ago but was an amazing cook.  I have some of her recipes and fondly think of her every time I use one of them.  Aside from the fact that everything she made was delicious she truly enjoyed cooking, it was a labor of love. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So hard to chose... let me see..

Professionally, either Ina or Lidia B.

but really would love to have one more meal cooked by MY MOM....sigh   but I would be helping and learning from her in the kitchen...

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The Pakistani guy who runs our local curry restaurant. He makes the most amazing vegetarian curries with saffron rice.