Question of the Day, Friday, March 24

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It totally depends on the sandwich.  If it is beef, mustard.  Chicken, mayo.  Turkey, Durkee Sauce.  Ham, mustard again.  Hot dogs...cheese and onions.  If I'm making a "salad" sandwich, chicken, egg, etc, then mayo.  And it has to be Kraft or Hellman's.  Both of those are tangy.  I LOATHE a bland mayo.  NEVER EVER Miracle Whip.  Nasty stuff.    I love horseradish when I'm having bologna, which is rare.  And a little with roast beef is good, too.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so obsessed with mustard I requested it for my birthday once, and got all these different little tasty bottles from friends! It was great. Generally Dijon, with extra seeds. Looking forward to a hot sauce Question of the Day! 🌶 PS For all you gardeners, horseradish is a fun one to grow!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not put any condiments on my sandwiches. (I also do not like salad dressing on salad.) I do not eat potato salad. For pasta salad, I mix wee bit of peppercorn ranch and some Italian. My husband likes mayo on some sandwiches and mustard on others.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mayo and mustard. Lately a cuban mustard I found at the store. Its a bit spicy with a bit of pickle to it. It makes my plain, lower sodium lunch meat much more exciting.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately a cuban mustard I found at the store. Its a bit spicy with a bit of pickle to it.
I think I just bought that same Cuban Mustard. Did you get it at Walmart?
1648319421846.png

Yea, I was wondering why I kept getting alerts of new purraises from 5-yr-old thread!
Oh well, it's always fun to talk about mustard and mayo. I wonder if Winchester Winchester still has 7 different mustards in her fridge all these years later, and what kinds?

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Our family potato salad has a dressing made with miracle whip and Catalina dressing, about 1/3 cup Catalina to 2/3 Miracle Whip, thinned with a bit of milk. My mom got the recipe in the 1940’s and that is the only way we have ever had it since then. I otherwise only use Miracle Whip for tuna salad.