Question of the Day, Friday, March 22

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hey! I have those bottles!!!! Is that bottle black?? Or green? I have the red, blue, white, and pink bottles! They contain a Reisling wine and I think they're from Germany, but I'm not sure. My GF (from Germany; she lives in Texas now) gave me the red and blue bottles and my SIL gave me the white and pink bottles. I tried the wines, but wasn't crazy about it, so used them in cooking. I don't think I opened the pink bottle yet. But I love the bottles!

I've tried Red Cat, too.
I'm so curious as to which winery that Rick visited. I work in the Dundee/Newberg area which is the original wine area in OR. But there are plenty of other wineries around the Willamette Valley. We are pretty much surrounded by small wineries in our little rural area, in fact just noticed that a new vineyard is being planted on a hill near us.
I'll have to ask him exactly where he was. I know that he bought a bottle of something-white for his friend as he was going there for dinner one night and they were having something chicken. Rick said the wine was pretty good....he's not a big wine drinker.

He also went to Voodoo Donuts. He got donuts.....I got a t-shirt!

We don't drink a lot. Usually if my sister comes, then she and I will drink a bottle. Or if we have people in for dinner. But it's rare for me to open a bottle just for me to have a drink. I normally don't do that. I will, however, make a margarita for myself every once in a while. I'm not much of a beer drinker; I've have one every once in a while.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the red cat bottle too.
I don't remember what kind of wine was in it, I just remember it wasn't very good.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have the red cat bottle too.
I don't remember what kind of wine was in it, I just remember it wasn't very good.
I'm looking at my blue bottle right now. It says that it's a Riesling Kabinett from Mosel-Saar-Ruwer. A product of Germany. It's imported by Vintage Wine Distributor, Inc. Solon and Columbus, Ohio. It seems to me that my GF got the wines right before she moved to Texas from New York. And my SIL got hers when she was in Canada and brought them into the US. Something like that.

You're right....we weren't all that impressed with the wine itself. And like I said, I used mine in cooking. But the bottles sure are cute.

Seems to me that my SIL said there's a purple cat bottle, too.

ETA: Good grief, there's a ton of them....... check out: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=cat+wine+bottles&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Last edited:

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking at my blue bottle right now. It says that it's a Riesling Kabinett from Mosel-Saar-Ruwer. A product of Germany. It's imported by Vintage Wine Distributor, Inc. Solon and Columbus, Ohio. It seems to me that my GF got the wines right before she moved to Texas from New York. And my SIL got hers when she was in Canada and brought them into the US. Something like that.

You're right....we weren't all that impressed with the wine itself. And like I said, I used mine in cooking. But the bottles sure are cute.

Seems to me that my SIL said there's a purple cat bottle, too.

ETA: Good grief, there's a ton of them....... check out: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=cat+wine+bottles&_sacat=0&_from=R40
OMG YAY
! I want the red and the pink bottle please
. My two favorite colors and they are kitty themed
. Thank you, Winchester, for the find
. I am
, to you.
I'm not sure.  I just looked at the bottles and I've removed the labels; so I don't even know who made it!  I had posted this picture on Facebook a while back and two friends commented that they'd picked them up and they were in different states at the time.  One hadn't tried it yet but the other friend said it was good wine!
Thank you, very very much for looking and taking the time to answer my post

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm so curious as to which winery that Rick visited. I work in the Dundee/Newberg area which is the original wine area in OR. But there are plenty of other wineries around the Willamette Valley. We are pretty much surrounded by small wineries in our little rural area, in fact just noticed that a new vineyard is being planted on a hill near us.
Rick just got back to me....it was Blosser and he bought a Pinot Noir Blush or Rose, he's not sure which it was.

Cat Person, I'm glad you like those bottles! I'm interested in the Tangerine one and that clear lime green. Those two are just gorgeous....well, I think they're all pretty cool. I like the black, too. And that green is pretty.

Kaajaa1221, I've never tried Fuki. Sounds interesting. I love plums, too, so that would up my alley, I'd think.

We are run by PA's state store system, so we're pretty much at their mercy as far as wines and liquors go. It's very frustrating. As I said earlier, Rick wanted to send home a couple bottles of wine, but they couldn't ship to PA. We need to get beyond the state store. Some of the supermarkets around have started to sell beer and wine coolers and such, but it's still a convoluted process that needs to change.

There was a really neat liquor that a GF told me about....called Sheridan, I believe. The ONLY place I was able to find it was when we came into the US from Canada, at the duty-free shop. It was a coffee liquor with a white milk chocolate-type add-in.....two bottles together. You pour them both into the glass at the same time and the white tends to float a bit on top of the dark. Very decadent tasting. I loved it. But I can only find it in the duty-free stores at the border. So good. That one could become addictive, so it's probably good that I can't find it in PA.