Question Of The Day, Friday, March 2

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning! :wave3: And Happy Friday!

Let's talk about dinner time: What time do you sit down to dinner? Do you sit for dinner or eat standing up in the kitchen? Do you eat in front of the tv? How many people do you normally cook for for dinner?

Since I try not to eat anything after 6:00, we usually eat dinner between 5:00 and 5:30. It's just Rick and me (and whichever cat decides to sit on the table with us) and we sit at the table. A long time ago, I started a no-tv dinner rule and we usually talk while we eat (unless it's football season, in which case Rick sits on the couch in the living room.....and complains about the Eagles).

Even when Rick is out and I'm home alone, I will cook something for myself and sit at the table.

How do you do your dinner?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat standing up in the kitchen, usually a sandwich. I have a helper and she usually makes a big breakfast for me.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since we go to bed so early, and get up so early, we eat our one meal at about 3-4 PM. Bob eats a bowl of bran flakes for breakfast, I eat a piece of toast or shredded wheat. Since we have been so busy lately getting our flip house ready for market, we have eaten out 3-4 days a week. If I cook at home we eat at the table, depends what it is, but have a TV in the kitchen where we catch up on the news too. We have enough 'together' during the day.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We don't have a dinner time. Mr Husband and I both work weird hours, so we rarely eat together. If we do it's usually about 8 or 9 pm. Most days I work until 11 pm, so dinner is often a slice of toast sometime around midnight.

:paperbag:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"Breakfast" at 6pm.
Lunch around midnight.
Dinner around 6am. All times central.

In fact,I just finished of my favorite dinners that's hard to get on the road in the south. A real deal Kronos gyro,extra onions with sauce on the side. The family that runs this truck stop will make it for me even tho they usually only do breakfast this early. Fresh,hot and yummers!!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We usually do dinner when I get home from work, so between 4:30 and 5:30 most days. Usually in front of the TV watching something. Mostly because I tend to go to be early so it lets us watch two things instead of just one to eat in front of the TV. Although once or twice a week we do the dining room.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We (two people) generally have dinner at the kitchen table between 5 and 5:30 p.m.. Neither of us has ever been in the habit of eating in front of the TV.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't eat my dinner at a set time, it's whenever it works out best that particular day. i eat standing up -- i don't have a kitchen table or dining room, though i've thought about buying a 'pub' table and chairs for the kitchen. the tv is in the living room, so i don't eat while watching tv. it's just me, one person, that i cook for, so i don't necessarily cook every night -- or most nights, because when i cook, i make enough to last for 4 or 5 days.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I sit in front of tv or rather at the card table set up in the living room. the kitchen table is very small and has the computer on it and some clutter. We don't have set times. jon sits on the couch with dish on lap-he's never wanted to eat at the table...we chit chat when we eat anyways so it's not any different than a table. I like to eat at 4pm or 5pm the latest. But some nights it's not until 6pm or later.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We (two people) take turns making dinner, depending on when I get home from work since my schedule fluctuates, and we both commute. We usually eat dinner between 7:30-10:30 pm. Sometimes we'll watch something, (if one of us is using the treadmill late and the tv is already on,) but usually we catch up on the day together during our cooking / eating routine. I've been trying to be better about eating breakfast and lunch, since we aren't able to easily cook dinner together anymore. Since it wasn't ever my routine before, it's difficult!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son has the worst schedule in the history of school, so we have to adjust our dinner time accordingly. It's somewhere between 3-5 pm, depending on the day. I usually eat on my bed in front of the computer. I don't have TV, but I can stream stuff on my computer.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat usually in the 6:30-7:30 range depending on when I get hungry or finished cooking. I have a nice dining room table I inherited from my aunt when she moved out of state but don't like to sit at it alone, so usually eat on my couch. Hopefully when the bf and I move in together it'll be used for more than storing cat food.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's just me so I sit on the coach with my plate on the coffee table and the news on. When the kids were still with me we sat at the kitchen table to eat dinner. I thought it was a chance to draw them out and find out what was going on with them. It was the one time of the day with no distractions.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Ever since our kids were young we always ate dinner together just like I did growing up. The only exception was when there was an after school activity, rehearsal, etc. Even though the kids are out of the house and on their own DH and I still eat together at about the same time, i.e. 6:00 p.m. Like Winchester Winchester we had a no-tv rule with our kids, once again, just like when I was growing up. I can't believe it, I turned into my parents. :biggrin:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We spend what feels like all day at the kitchen table doing school work; so we tend to eat dinner in the living room in front of the tv around 7:30-8:30. We definitely live on an unconventional schedule for a family with young kids. But it works. DH gets to be home with us for dinner; but he's ready to put his feet up. The kids have a small kid size table in the living room they use for everything from eating to legos to art.

We do eat at the table for breakfast and most lunches. But dinner in the living room still has us doing things together. Sometimes I stay alone in the kitchen to read or browse here. I've spent all day teaching the kids; they get some Daddy time and I can decompress for a little bit.

If we ever get my dream addition where I have a dedicated school room; we will probably go back to eating at the kitchen table.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live alone, so I eat in front of the TV news, usually around 6 p.m., give or take a half hour with two cats for an audience. Sometimes my plate is garnished with a black paw.
DreamerRose DreamerRose , that's the best garnish there could be! :)

I don't have regular meals because of my work schedule, but I will usually eat a "meal" around 11 pm when I come home. I eat simple things because I am frankly too tired to cook most days but that is good for me. When I cooked for my Dad, I used to sit down next to him for his meals because he needed a little help and then we would watch tv.:) Nowadays, Speedy sits and "helps" me!