Question of the Day, Friday, March 11

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am going to do something special with the kids tomorrow. I am thinking of getting a hot and ready pizza and go to the park to have a picnic. Then play around with them. Then on Sunday I am doing my carpets. The kids spilled some chocolate milk in a few places so I need to get it cleaned up. 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Stayed in last night :nod:

Tonight, contemplating going to a "BerniePalooza" that a friend of mine is playing. But it's also "trim the cats' nails night" so might just stay in. I'll play it by ear with this one most likely, as my original plan was just to stay in Friday and Saturday nights. I actually like this particular venue and the last time I was there they had white IPA (which I LOVE) so might go for the beer.

Now Sunday evening, I'm going to a fundraising event for a Chicago no-kill cat shelter. It's called St. Catrick's Day, and involves two hours beer and appetizers at Revolution Brewery in Chicago. No kitties at this event unfortunately. I'm super-stoked about it, and a few of my friends are going to, so it will be even better! I'll definitely be playing one of the raffles for sure.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh wow, congratulations! We'll need to see some photos of that.

Nothing special planned for the weekend. I work 10 to 6 Saturdays and Sundays. I sometimes go for a walk when I'm done but it's snowing here at the moment so maybe not this week.
Oh I will when he decides to formally give it to me 

It's here but he keeps saying he has to wait for "the perfect moment". IDK what he means LOL. He posted pix of it on his twitter and instagram and I was with him to pick it out.  Not like it's a surprise!

He brought me home a bouquet of multi-colored roses.  I think it was some kind of "consolation prize" LOL.  He also joked he might wait 6 months and I had to remind  him he only has a 30 day return on it 

He's no good at holding back so if it goes longer than Sunday I'll be shocked.  

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watched TV most of the weekend which is Friday and Saturday. Monday back to work.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never had the urge to go to Disneyland.
Well it is a little far from both Israel and the UK.  

It's a plane ride away (or loooong car ride) for me too; but it's practically expected to go at least once with your kids. 
  But really; it will be a very memorable trip when we do go.  My DD is at a great age for it; with her love of princesses.  My son is a bit young (my one hangup with going anytime in the next couple of years) but he LOVES the Mickey Mouse characters too.  I just want him to remember it; for all the costs involved.  I'm trying to remind DH that it's about making a special memory for the kids and it's not something we will do with any sort of regularity.  

My parents vacation in Orlando (where Disney is) regularly without going to Disney.  They have some friends down there.  The off-Disney hotels do serve breakfasts and things; but then you have to deal with parking at the resorts or shuttles.  Part of me thinks it's just TOO big.  I'm told to expect lots and lots of walking regardless of where we stay.  

I have a friend who lives in Tampa; which I think is about 3 hours away (not sure).  She said her boys preferred the Lego Land park to Disney. But that might just suit their interests better.  I'm not usually a fan of heat and crowds; so Florida itself isn't of much interest to me!