question of the day friday march 10th

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
todays question is about mythology : if you could be a god/ goddess who would you like to be ?
i would be Freya from norse mythology ( she was a cat protection goddess)

index.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure. I guess I've never studied mythology enough to know. I mean 4 years of Latin should give you enough; but I guess I didn't focus on it as much as the parts I was interested in. :lol:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doing some quick Wikipedia research, I'll go with Metis, goddess of good counsel, advice, planning, cunning, craftiness and wisdom.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…this was a toughie, had to really research this one! My problem was it seems to me that humans have more than enough power, so felt uneasy being a goddess. Maybe something like Aranyani, who seems to be a protector of the forest. Not sure what I’d do with all those ankle bells, green veils and six arms, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
you all really surprised me with your answers there lol but i thought this would be a good question to post ;) :lovecat:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be very fascinated with the myths when I was younger, but have forgotten most of that. So I went searching (it was fun).

Maybe Flidais, Celtic goddess, protector of wild animals and cattle.

Or Lauma (Eastern Baltic mythology), woodland fae, goddess/spirit of trees, marsh and forest.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Saraswati. Goddess of Music and Learning. She also has her very own swan. :biggrin:
saraswati trad2.jpg